1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Successfully recovering from TMS

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by jennaTMS516, Dec 31, 2015.

1. jennaTMS516

jennaTMS516 New Member

Hello. My name is Jenna and I'm finally recovering from tension myositis syndrome. The pain symptoms are declining after several years of having this syndrome. I had certain triggers for that pain. After my X-rays the doctors said I was cleared but my the pain signals were telling me otherwise so it was a confusing time period. I went to all these doctors, physical therapists, Acupuncturists etc. The doctors had me on anxiety medications, antidepressants, pain killers etc. I tried others things to make the pain go away such as rapping, massaging, hypnosis, therapy but none of that was working.

Doing meditation, prayer, and having connection with God has done wonders for me in recovering from the TMS pain. I had to find a way to stop and smell the roses so I could get a breakthru of this constant TMS created in the brain. I've learned so much from the TMS mind body syndrome program which I appreciate. My 12 step program had helped me attack it on a deeper level. Honestly, I couldn't do it without the 12 step program. What I learned in therapy over time with this TMS has been helpful in my understanding.

I was holding onto anger and fear inside of me that was creating these actual pain signals on a concious and subconscious level. Recovering 100% from TMS Is not an overnight matter for me, but I am getting closer. It takes some time to completely heal and I have to be patient. I am gaining new insights and am learning and growing on a spiritual level which is helping with the pain. Each time I have a break thru I feel blessed and grateful. I wouldn't want to miss those feelings. I need those feelings. They give me hope.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi jennaTMS516,

Congratulations on your slow and steadfast success. It is natural to want to be done with TMS symptoms as quickly as we can, so we tend to push ourselves, which does not help. Your story provides a glimpse into success as it is actually happening in you, in its own time. You write with such heartfelt appreciation, that you leave this reader no doubt that your "slower success" is no less than a rapid "cure." Your surety about your own way, and accepting it, is a testament to the futility of comparative judgement, comparisons we have about so many things.

I appreciate hearing the details about what has helped you and this:

And this too:
    How wonderfully you express your progress. May we all have such appreciation for the miracles of life!

Good luck in your inner work!

Andy B.

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Jenna, thank you for this encouraging and inspiring post in Success Stories. I think it's incredibly valuable for new members to see the many different ways in which people find their road to recovery. Each path to healing is unique, as is each individual.

Cheers to you for a wonderful new year!

~Jan

4. brendan537

brendan537 Peer Supporter

wow. being on this thread for a few weeks now I thought I read every success story. Im so very glad I came across this one, I am in a 12 step fellowship as well. I am having a hard time getting relief but I have gotten some. I am now 7 months sober and currently on step 4 so that may be why as I am uncovering everything ive ever repressed my whole life. Plus on top of that my mom has only about a month or two to live with cancer. im 21 and been through a lot but I could totally relate when you say you get though it with a connection with god, that helps me practice my TMS therapy. I wish you the best of luck with your recovery.

5. missy1979

missy1979 Newcomer

That is wonderful you are not only healing TMS but healing your whole life and developing your spiritual side. I have to believe all of this has meaning and we can use it to help others. I am also learning self love and care is very important in all this. I am trying to figure out how to change core beliefs in my unconscious, that seem to dictate my behavior to sabotage self love. Hmm. Anyway congrats to your success.

6. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Excellent Jenna, thank you so much for taking the time to share. Best regards

7. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

What is the 12 step program?

8. brendan537

The 12 Steps of alcoholics anonymous

9. Boston Redsox

Oh sorry I thought it was some new tms recovery programs

10. brendan537

no problem. The 12 steps just help you with a contact with a higher power which in return helps you with tms.

11. Boston Redsox

Was not aware of that
    Thx