1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Success with bladder/IC

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Marytabby, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Marytabby

Marytabby Peer Supporter

Hi all,
    I have been doing TMS work since 2005 when I successfully rid myself of all my back and neck pain. I am 50 and in shape, and occasionally get new TMS symptoms, and those include knee cartilage pain which I ignore, golfer's elbow, occasional bouts of month long eyelid twitches, and occasionally I get female related issues like yeast infections, UTI's, BV (look it up). None of it is fun. These urogynecological things usually flare up when I am dating someone new and things are getting serious AND when something is happening in the relationship that is a red flag concern. I want to share with you all my most recent overactive bladder success which men and women alike can benefit from hearing. Read on...

I had a bout of nervous bladder/Interstitial Cystitis 3 years ago when I was dating someone who was demeaning me. The day after we broke up the bladder stuff completely went away. Ok, that's serious proof that it was NOT a physical issue, it was TMS. However, I did not do any work to get rid of it, it simply diminished when the man went away. So I can't take any credit for doing TMS work back then. It just stopped. Fast forward 3 years later, this May my brother died, and in July I started dating a man and when things got serious/physical, I started having those same nervous bladder symptoms again. There was no UTI, the cultures were negative. There were some serious things I was hesitant to discuss with him (his divorce) but I knew the bladder was telling me to open my mouth. So I did. Long story short, he left the relationship last month pretty much with no notice, just vanished. My bladder continued to burn after he left and the frequent urination and pressure in my urethra was just torture. I decided to take action and started diligently doing the Structured Education Program on here. Even though I go way back with TMS success, I needed a new plan of action FAST. In doing the SEP, I started noticing a few good days here and there so I kept at it. Last week I also took myself to my yearly retreat place here in MA called Kripalu. Over 2 days I did 7 intense sessions of hands-on energy work like reiki, cranial sacral, massages, etc. I am not saying these sessions "cured" my TMS in any way, but what I got was a way to purge some of the grief out of my body and spirit. I also continued my SEP journaling while there, and more reflecting on how I FEEL, not how I think. My brother died in May and so add to that reservoir of sadness, this man walked away from our relationship. I think my subconscious just had enough. The grief HAD to be addressed & released. I am happy to say at day 32 of SEP that I am symptom free. The bladder has calmed down but I keep doing the SEP journaling. I also do extra free journaling, and I make it a point to journal about my sadness, disappointment and rage over the summer's losses. I will finish up the SEP program to the very end. Interestingly enough, I now have a brand new symptom: heart palpatations. I take these as a good sign that it's "TMS on the Run". I am not letting it get to me. Keep at it, folks. It works.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    jazzrascal, she333, saskia and 3 others like this.
  2. readytoheal

readytoheal Peer Supporter

Thank you for taking the time to write this out. I too struggle with ic symptoms. There are not a ton of sucess stories so this is so wonderful to hear! Congrats! Wishing you continued peace.

Marytabby likes this.
  3. Time2be

Time2be Well known member

This is an older thread but I would like to chime in anyway. I don't consider myself a real success story, because I have some flare ups. Right now for example. But I had been pain free for long periods (8 months and longer). If your bladder or urethra are not structurally damaged, then there is now reason why you could not heal! Congrats to Marrytabber! You took action and it worked. I hope that many more people with IC like symptoms would try the Sarno method.