1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 25 success stories

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ryan79, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Ryan79

Ryan79 Peer Supporter

What TMS success stories have you found helpful, beneficial, inspiring?

I think Forrest's success story was inspirational as well as amarie that has one titled 95% and 100%. Those two keep me focused that resolution is possible. I'm very thankful that I've been able to work during this whole process. Although annoying (mild pain) I have always been able to support my family.

Dealing with patients wasn't something our profession deals well with. Optometry journals routinely point out we give too many of our services away for free. Conflict isn't something I handle well, and give away services for free so i can avoid someone arguing at me. I believe Dr. Lissa Rankin has been very inspirational in her youtube videos that doesn't necessarily deal with TMS by name but she's alluding to it.

Tomorrow I'm setting a goal to change a few aspects of my work environment that rages me. Anxiety and fear are two great dehumanizing qualities. Once they have you trapped in a cage where hope and tranquility are dangled on a string. I'm reaching out and starting to care for my feelings.

I'm very thankful for my wife that is so caring and supportive. Someone that i fall in love with everytime I see her.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Wonderful Ryan!
    It seems to me, checking in on your progress from time to time, that this approach to making adjustments in your life is organic and right on. You're getting more clarity about how your environment and your interaction with it is stressful, and you're making considered changes that are about addressing your happiness. Addressing things which were in the background but have become more important as you tune into you. I think this is the way real change, and real TMS-based change happens. It is less about "fixing something so that I don't have symptoms," and more about "I feel this _________ about _________, and therefore my aim is to change this __________ for my own short life, for my own sake."
    Andy B

Ryan79 likes this.
  3. Ryan79

Ryan79 Peer Supporter

I love the last sentence you wrote. I like also how Dr Rankin states if you had a blank RX script how would you fill it out to heal. Thanks again Andy

4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Ryan,
    I love your last line. My husband of 30+ years is still my best friend and the love of my life. I feel so blessed--and I'm glad you feel that way too.
    Congrats on your decision to make some needed changes in your work life.

Ryan79 likes this.