1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 6 Subpar Meditation Experience

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by happyliltrees, Aug 25, 2020.

1. happyliltrees

happyliltrees New Member

Writing Prompt: After you meditate take a few minutes a make a forum post on how it went. Did you have trouble meditating? Do you have any questions regarding how to do it? More importantly how did meditating make you feel?

I made two mediation attempts.
    The first time made me feel really impatient. It was pretty frustrating for me and I gave up pretty quickly tbh. I experience tension in my right shoulder and back and I could barely get my body to relax when focusing and breathing deep on those areas. I'm also really tired and a bit pissy. Overall meditating made me feel 3% more relaxed but also mad.

The second time lasted a bit longer (maybe 6 or 8 minutes) and I did a decent job of staying in the moment until I got sleepy and almost nodded off. Second attempt was better at relaxing my shoulder. I felt more pleased with that attempt but still notice being impatient with the process.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Ideally meditation of any kind can be understood as awareness and deepening of your experience. So irritation, tiredness, etc can all be welcomed. It is easier for me when I don't have a goal, but rather, notice what arises. Sitting gives us a chance to feel and notice what we're often trying to not feel. So it is very supportive to "thinking psychologically" about our lives and symptoms. You're broadening the way you meet your experience, which can only be a good thing.

And, it is not easy for most!

happyliltrees likes this.
  3. Tms_joe

Tms_joe Well known member

Can relate. I started about 6 months ago meditating first thing every morning. I believe it was about a month ago that I started to really change states and see the benefits.

That’s a symptom of the problem of a person who would have TMS. Can’t just let things be. Always trying to manipulate and control every aspect of everything.

Just observe what you observe.

happyliltrees likes this.