1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Stupid question

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Alfaman147, Dec 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Alfaman147

Alfaman147 Well known member

Thanks Tom. I panicked at your earlier post I think. When you said maybe it's tms or benign I thought u meant you were leaning towards a more serious problem. but I understand you meant you never ever say it's definitely tms. You were leaning more towards tms than anything else. To be honest I don't know how much more evidence I need. This is the health anxiety issue I have. Someone mentions something and I jumped on their word and analyse it. That's why I freaked out. But I can see that isn't what you meant.

2. Alfaman147

Alfaman147 Well known member

Of all the doctors I have seen over the years which must be at least 20 or 30 they have all agreed with me and said it's stress or somatoform disorder. Not one has said my symptoms are worrying them and making them want to run further tests. I went to see a colorectal surgeon as a way of reassurance. For f**k sake my pain goes away sometimes. SERIOUS HEALTH PROBLEMS DON'T JUST DISSAPPEAR FOR A WHILE AND COME BACK WHEN THEY FEEL LIKE IT. I'D BE DEAD AFTER 6 YEARS OF IT. A PROLAPSE WOULDN'T JUST HEAL FOR 18 MONTHS AND COME BACK. IT WOULDN'T GO AWAY AFTER A FEW BEERS. IT WOULDN'T GO AWAY WHILE BUILDING AN AIR FIX KIT. IT WOULDN'T GO AWAY WHILE WORKING ON A CAR THAT I WAS TOTALLY INVOLVED IN. IT WOULDN'T GO AWAY WHEN I GO OUT FOR A MEAL WITH MY GIRLFRIEND AND HAVEN'T EVEN HAD ANY FORM OF ALCOHOL. It comes back when I let it. It comes back when I start to analyse it. For God sake I have even spoken to some people who have the exact same problem. It a tight ass. That's all it is. It's a habit. It's my new normal at the moment. But I have proved I can make it go away for a while. At least that's progress.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  3. RichieRich

RichieRich Well known member

I believe you're on the right track. You need to accept that it's there and move on. It will abate when the body feels at ease, and in time it'll be virtually non-existent. Best of luck.

Tennis Tom likes this.