1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Stuck Progress

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by UkAdR, Oct 19, 2014.

1. UkAdR

UkAdR Peer Supporter

Hi all.

I have been posting here now and working on my TMS diagnosis since Marchh. I have definitely made a lot of progress and am doing things that there is no way I could have then due to my lower back pain (allegedly due to disc degneration...):

playing with my son way more
    been on holiday
    been the cinema
    can now swim 20 laps in 11 minutes and am considering doing the leg of a triathlon with it

I am, however, still in pain and needing painkillers everyday.

My question is this - how many of you found that you did make progress with your self discovery of TMS and the subsequent work that came with moving toward being healed, and ultimately fully healed WITHOUT professional intervention?

And how many of you found that you did make progress but in the end seeing a TMS therapist is what made you take those final steps to being fully healed.

I ask this because there is a very highly recommended therapist here in the UK who i believe has frequented this site. She has helped me some via email. If she was close, I would visit in a heart beat. Its just she is quite a distance away and I would like to gauge others informed opinions before I take the plunge.

Many thanks as always everyone,

Adam

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I would just stay in contact with the TMS therapist by email and keep working on TMS healing techniques
    such as are in the various books including Dr. Sarno's, Steve's, and my book with Herbie (Eric Watson):
    God Does Not Want You to Be In Pain.

I healed from severe back pain without consulting a TMS therapist. I read Sarno and Steve Ozanich
    and followed the Structured Education Program. I got myself to believe 100 percent that my pain was
    from TMS repressed emotions from childhood. That led me to better understanding those who gave me
    cause for anger that I repressed. That led to me forgiving them and the pain went away.

The SEP program helps you to understand yourself better and to recognize the repressed emotions.
    Sarno says you don't even have to solve those emotional problems, just admit they are there.
    Then your subconscious no longer sends you pain.

Boston Redsox likes this.