1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Stuck in a rut

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Jocko1, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Jocko1

Jocko1 Peer Supporter

I have classic TMS symptoms, sciatica that switches sides, foot pain that moves around foot and tingling toes. Been MRI’d up and down with nothing showing at all. I fit the psychological profile to a T! I’ve been working with a TMS therapist weekly and continue to read all of the books. I’ve slacked on journaling which I think is part of problem. It’s been 5 months since I’ve accepted TMS but I still have pain. I’m able to work a fairly physical job and have started doing intense cardio (which improves the pain tremendously). Sitting and standing are problems. Sitting brigs on sciatic and standing brings on foot pain. I’m positive that these are conditioned responses and would like advice how to break these responses.

2. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member

If you haven't already, read ACE1's tips on this forum, the complete version not the summary. It shows what it's like to decondition yourself on a moment-to-moment basis.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Don't fear the responses. Or if you feel the fear, accept the fear as fully as you can, witness it, hold it as a conditioned, protective response, and redirect your attention to something else.

Free of Fear likes this.