1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Struggling with the past/childhood trauma/stressful part. Any advice?

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lilybluerose, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Lilybluerose

Lilybluerose Peer Supporter

Hi everyone! I'm going to be on day three tomorrow and it wants me to write down things from my childhood that was traumatic or stressful or eventful. I honestly don't have many memories of my childhood the older I get. I'm 32 and honestly had a pretty darn good childhood. I guess I can write down a couple of things but I'm having trouble really coming up with much significant. Anyone else? Any tips for this part? It's hard for me to remmeber much of anything besides things that were good and not significant to this.

Thanks!

2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

I would just try to recall anything traumatic from as early an age as possible and start there. This might trigger earlier memories. There is no right or wrong with this work, you are just finding out more about yourself by spending time reflecting.

3. crookedintheuk

crookedintheuk New Member

I really struggled with this at first. Nothing really plays on my mind. I also felt like I had dealt with anything that might be worth considering.

Perhaps just look at some smaller, seemingly innocuous things and go from there. Explore. I find that looking for “events” was sometimes too narrow. Somethings were states.

4. Lilybluerose

Lilybluerose Peer Supporter

makese sense!! It also doesnt help that my memory is horrendous! I honestly dont have too many vivid childhood memories lol!