1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S. (New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. Bonnard is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

struggling to study.

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by stevow7, Apr 17, 2024.

1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

Hi! I hope everyone is doing well! I have been struggling to study due to constantly feeling tired and sleepy. Doesn't matter if I'm reading a book or studying. I tend to fall asleep. I did a sleep apnea and doctor said I didn't had apnea.

How can I study without falling asleep? the subject is interesting.

2. music321

music321 Well known member

Have you rolled out all medical causes? This could be a symptom of more narcolepsy, though I rather doubt that you have narcolepsy. It could also be a symptom of just being sleep deprived. As a practical tactic, use the short term, you might want to just assume that you’re going to fall asleep. Start studying, allow yourself to fall asleep, and then at some point later when you wake up. If you have chronic fatigue syndrome, a form of TMS that I deal with, you have to come to terms with the greater issues through TMS techniques. If you look up TMS and MECS, you’ll find a lot of resources. I would stay away from the MEC forms, as they tend to be toxic. I don’t know that you have chronic fatigue syndrome, but if you do, these are some places to start. As I’ve mentioned to somebody else, consider internal family systems and cognitive behavioral therapy to get her issues. Best of luck

3. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

Hi! I went to do a sleep apnea and nothing was wrong, except fragmentation. It does seems I have that, but doctor wouldn't want to deal with that.
    How did you managed chronic stress with tms technique?