1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

strategies on thinking psychologically

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by futuredancer, Aug 6, 2016.

1. futuredancer

futuredancer Peer Supporter

I am visiting my parents this weekend and a while ago, before I had the TMS relapse, I had told my mom to schedule an appointment with her acupuncturist. I forgot to tell her to cancel it and yesterday, when she reminded me it was today, I got really tense. I ended up cancelling it ( I did not want to fall back into the TMS traps again) but my physical symptoms increased with me "rejecting" a possible "cure". What are your strategies to keep your mind focused on psychological thinking when symptoms increase? I really want to go to my next gymnastics class on tuesday, and feel anxious about not getting more functional by then and getting really bad (bad back spasms) after if I go without a more significant recovery. The way I fell today, I wouldn't have the courage to go. I know it is silly, but it is what is in my head now.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, futuredancer. Are you going to the gymnastics class on Tuesday? I hope so. If you go, do the exercises at your own pace. Skip any that you are not comfortable with.

I never tried acupuncture, but had my old dog get a weekly treatment and it gave him three more years of active life.

3. futuredancer

futuredancer Peer Supporter

Thanks for the support, Walt. I still haven't made up my mind. Today I had a rough day. My hair started falling copiously. I have struggled with bouts of hair loss over the last 20 years. No doctor ever found the reasons after lots of exams, so it seems to have a psychological cause. I know it is a bit controversial, but it almost seems like TMS under a different mask. And everytime I have a hair crisis, my self steem goes to the center of the earth. I can't stop thinking about it. So today I had a better back day but a new ailment took over the scene. It is emotionally exhausting.