1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

strange effect from TMS acceptance

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Jawarrior1, Jul 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Jawarrior1

Jawarrior1 Peer Supporter

Two or three weeks ago I discovered TMS and Sarno's work. My pain reduced by 60 to 80% on a constant basis with the acceptance that it is caused by emotional repression.

The odd thing is that I developed something that wasn't there before almost immediately and it hasn't stopped since the discovery of TMS.

I have been struggling with a strong form of insomnia but less physical pain. Now all of a sudden I am getting unhealthily low quantities of sleep.

Have you guys ever heard of this phenomena?

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hi Jawsrrior,

Welcome and congratulations on having less pain.

Yes, this did happened to me at the beginning of my recovery. I was so excited and doing so much after being in so much pain and disabled that I was waking up and unable to go back to sleep.

I took some Tylenol PM for a few nights. It has Benadryl in it and helped stay sleep. I think using some form of a sleep aid a few night can get you through it.

You can also try deep breathing exercises before sleep to calm your system for deeper sleep.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  3. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

If you peruse old posts and strings you will find it is extraordinarily common for the distraction to switch from one thing to another....back pain to insomnia, knee pain to a skin issue, wrist problem to stomach problems..

As strange as this may sound, that is actually good news. It means you have made the right diagnosis and your brain, knowing it's strategy is failing (being discovered) is trying a new angle.

After all of my back pain left, my knee collapsed under me one day. Having read that this might happen, I actually laughed at it the way one might laugh at a child who won't stop trying to get attention. I just continued with the same strategy and it too went away... much faster than the other. The longer you do this stuff, the shorter the episodes.

You are right on time

4. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

5. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

I can tell I am in a suggestive state a lot of the time because when I read that symptoms moving around is a good thing I immediately go to mine only move around my legs as well as causing extreme anxiety, so maybe I have some dire disease. I’ve been tested extensively and nothing could be found. It’s all too bizarre, and still looking for a resolution.

FredAmir likes this.
  6. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

THAT is the distraction. That little niggling voice that says "I am different... this won't work for me because my symptoms don't align exactly verbatim with what I just read..."
    Fighting TMS means disregarding that voice when it comes in...either talking/shouting it down, or ignoring it. The Voice IS the core of the problem.

The Chief of the investigation is looking for an arsonist BUT the chief of the investigation IS the arsonist. Time to fire the chief of investigation.

Ellen, backhand and tgirl like this.
  7. tgirl

tgirl Well known member

Thanks Baseball. I love the way you word things. Your posts are always worth a read.

8. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

Hi Jawarrior1!
    Congratulations! You have your TMS on the run. It's very common for new symptoms to pop up when the original problem has reduced or vanished after you begin TMS work. Your brain and nervous system are used to actively showing you a symptom. Since the original pain has reduced, but your brain and nervous system are still in their usual active mode, they'll give you something new. Just know that your new insomnia is another form of TMS, remain calm and you should see that go away, too (provided of course, you aren't drinking tremendous amounts of coffee or something. ;))

9. Jawarrior1

Jawarrior1 Peer Supporter

Thanks guys!