1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25 Stomping out the fear, thank u Nicole Sachs!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by vandy1313, Nov 14, 2014.

1. vandy1313

vandy1313 New Member

I listened to a recorded peer discussion yesterday with Nicole Sachs and her book, The Meaning of Truth. It was the first time I listened to any of the peer discussions and Im glad i did. One of the things she said that resonated with me was when she mentioned "anger" being a big part of TMS, but its "fear" that fuels it. I believe "fear" is the hurdle that I have been struggling to overcome....fear of lack of finances, fear of not providing, fear of losing my marriage, fear that the pain will be with me forever, FEAR that the pain will come when I walk or sit or do anything, etc...what a tortured life!! She said or perhaps quoted Dr. Sarno that the fear of pain, will ultimately bring the pain. Nicole explained that the best thing to do when an episode occurred, was to bring up the emotions head on and deal with it. This will help bring the unconscious emotions to a conscious level and be relieved so to speak.

So I was in the kitchen and out of nowhere, my leg spasmed and about brought me to the floor. I became so angry because there was no reason, no trigger, no stressful emotion i was feeling right at that moment, nothing i could pin point. So I believe it was UV trying to put FEAR back on me to keep me on a short leash. So I began angrily screaming, in loud whisper since my kids and wife were in the living room, I began bringing up any fear or anger emotion I could think of and had an answer for it...taking the emotions head on. Then, I got the courage and with much rage, I began stomping my feet! With every stomp I declared that I was not gonna be afraid any more and that I taking back control! I said to myself that if it hurt, I dont care bc its not structural its in my head. If I fall, I would get back up and do it again. This was very liberating! I didnt fall and I didnt have a leg spasm for the rest of the night.

I told myself that with any/every episode that occurs from now on, I plan on addressing it in similar fashion. Today ended up being a great day. Thank you Nicole!!

Nicole J. Sachs LCSW likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Vandy. What a great post. You faced your fears head-on and told yourself they were not going to defeat you, and they went away.

Many of us are struggling with the same fears you mentioned and your way of healing with them, gained from Nicole Sashs and her book,
    are an inspiration to every one.

When fear grabs me, I tell myself loud and clear: "I will not give in. I will not quit. I will keep fighting!"
    and then I LAUGH at my fear and it's gone.

Nicole J. Sachs LCSW likes this.
  3. Nicole J. Sachs LCSW

Nicole J. Sachs LCSW Therapist and TMS Author

Thank you SO much Forest, for sharing this with me. It made my day! And Vandy, congrats to you for this BOLD and BRAVE move. I have been there, several times. I am beyond thrilled that Michael Galinsky and the team at Rumur are making the groundbreaking documentary, "All The Rage." Your story, and all of our stories will finally be heard by the larger world. Whether or not each of us are the ones to ACTUALLY speak them, they will be embodied through Rumur's lens. This film has the potential to be truly groundbreaking.

It is my honor and privilege to share my own roller-coaster of experience to help others, either by them reading my book or listening to the many recordings that Forest facilitated weekly as we did our book club on The Meaning of Truth. Not to mention the original interview that Forest and I did (posted to YouTube) about my "survivor story." So much to learn about! (I will attach some links below, should you choose to explore more about any of this.)

Buckle up TMSers.... I think we are on the verge of really being seen and heard. Come with us! Let's change the world!!!

Always love to hear from any and all of you:

http://meaningoftruthbook.com/contact/

Much MUCH love,
    Nicole

Some special links:

The Book: www.meaningoftruthbook.com

My interview with Forest on YouTube:

Amazon reviews of The Meaning of Truth: http://www.amazon.com/The-Meaning-T...UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=byRankDescending

Amazon reviews for the Kindle edition:
    http://www.amazon.com/Meaning-Truth...iewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending