1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Stomach/IBS/Constipation interfering with my life

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by twocups88, Feb 17, 2022.

Tags:
  1. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Fred, we have to draw the line somewhere. There are plenty of diet sites on the internet, but our forum can't start going down that path. Please take this down.

AnonymousNick likes this.
  2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Done!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks, Fred. On a much more general note, I will be one of the first people to say that none of us can do this work, which is to address TMS psychologically, unless we love ourselves enough to know that we deserve to recover. And you can't love yourself if you know that you're treating your body with disrespect. Treating your body with respect starts with what (and how much) you put into it, which just ain't rocket science these days.

My personal diet advice for a while has been pretty simple, and slightly rephrased from Michael Pollan: Eat real food. Not too much. Mostly plants. Also, cut way back on the added sugars - that shit is just fuel for the inflammatory process caused by excess stress and chronic emotional distress. Cutting down on sugar won't resolve TMS, but it will provide a healthier base to start doing the work.

4. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

I see your point about avoiding posts on diet. And I agree with Michael as well.