1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Stomach cramps go away...

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Wendyc, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Wendyc

Wendyc Peer Supporter

An urgent doctor said I had IBS and needed to control it with anxiety pills. I said no and that I was trying on my own to manage it, he said well your not doing a great job.... This is what sticks in my head! I never went back for any tests with my regular doctor I just don't trust them. All the IBS stuff started after I found out I had a hiatal hernia. I did go to a chiropractor after 3 weeks of not being able to eat, that was before the above visit to Urgent care...and he said I had a hiatal hernia and to chuck the pills the doc gave me, he adjusted my stomach back into place and I finally had relief. Of course It always slides back up easily, my chiro even asked what I kept doing that did this... he also believes that my emotions cause it and has stated that my stomach is very tense. As a matter of fact I noticed one day I got extremely scared and instantly my stomach was up in my chest again so I believed that was true. Since reading about TMS about 2 weeks ago it has calmed down so much but yesterday it started up, I get like tension or hard bloated feeling in my stomach, cramping then it will cause acid to creep up my throat...from there the chest pain, back pain and everything goes crazy. So yesterday when it started I tried to ignore it, I knew I was stressing about taking care of my aunt tomorrow and missing work so I tried to acknowledge it and relax. So later in the day I took a little bit of pepto cause I don't like to take the pills:wtf: I thought I might as well take something so I don't feel horrible and still try to think of it as only TMS. Now normally by this point I'm way worse and I won't want to eat certain food... well yesterday we went to my moms to watch the game and I ate everything and anything I could :jawdrop:. I still felt tension and some anxiety. I had a Margarita, I don't normally drink because of this but I didn't let it stop me. I noticed it started to relax me and I felt better, but no I did not keep drinking (not a solution of course). It just made me realize that it was anxiety and that I was causing it. Not!! something I ate the night before or that morning, it was me! Today I'm still feeling a little tension but I'm keeping hopeful it will pass quickly. It's hard to not think of the bad after you've been doing it for so long...I hope this brain trains quickly! I want this crap to :stop:

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

I think the Superbowl game day story is good proof of what you already know in your heart, that it's TMS. It's tough when you go against what a doctor suggests and then they feel the need to scold you or belittle you. That's what it sounds like happened at this urgent care.

Remind yourself that you're a young woman with a full life ahead of you and that you deserve to have fun and also work at something that brings you a sense of satisfaction. It sounds like you're on your way!

JanAtheCPA and Wendyc like this.
  3. Wendyc

Wendyc Peer Supporter

Thank you!

4. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Wendyc likes this.
  5. Wendyc

Wendyc Peer Supporter

I actually read your post but I forgot to comment. I tried what you said on my shoulder that my Chiro always has to use the actuator on to get it into place . I was at work and all of a sudden a pain started I did what you wrote and a few minutes later gone! And that shoulder usually will hurt until I go see the Chiro! Thanks

6. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

If it's TMS--quit seeing "your" chiro. It's antithesis to TMS--Sarno says to stop doing ALL physical approaches that focus on structural causes--TMS is emotionally caused. Instead of chiro, get a massage for some "relaxation", to get off the battlefield for a bit--you'll get more bang for you buck--that actuator is pure voo-doo. If you're not convinced go to QUACKWATCH and read up on chiro.

7. Wendyc

Wendyc Peer Supporter

I haven't needed to go at all since I started reading about TMS not even for my hiatal hernia.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  8. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

GOOD! Spend your hard-earned money on things that have intrinsic value--like good ice cream and
    See's candy.