1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Alan G. Stomach bloating

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Guest, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

This question was submitted via our Ask a TMS Therapist program. To submit your question, click here.

Question
    Hello,

For as long as I can remember I always had have stomach pain and bloating. I believe it was anxiety in the past in my teenager years and lost a boyfriend at age 17. But about 4 years ago it had gotten so bad and has not left me. I been through so much in my life, a lot of stress, had 3 miscarriage and buried my last. Before then I had 3 healthy kids. I have had a hysterectomy, gall bladder and appendix surgery. No one can seem to find out why I am bloated all the time, morning, noon and night. My insides feels so tight inside my abdomen, its hard to breathe. If I exercise, I get bloated. I also have trouble sleeping. only getting 3-4 hours a night for the past 4 years. I have healed myself from a lot of things but these 2 problems are sticking around for some reason. I have been to several functional doctors and had several expensive test done but nothing is helping. Can TMS be causing my tightness and bloating everyday of my life. Not sure about sleep.... Thank you so much. Debbie

Freeing Grub likes this.
  2. Alan Gordon LCSW

Alan Gordon LCSW TMS Therapist

Answer
    Hi Debbie, in a word-yes. Bloating and tightness can absolutely be caused by tms. I've worked with many patients who have had resolution of these symptoms working through s tms approach.

Often when you live in a fight or flight state, it can generate musculoskeletal tension that csn wreak all kinds of havoc on your abdomen: constipation, diarrhea, bloating, pain, etc. Addressing both the fear and anxiety around the symptoms and working on changing your relationship with anxiety can help go a long way toward alleviating your symptoms.

If you're interested, contact me an I can help link you up with a TMS Skype therapist I work with who specializes in abdominal symptoms.

Alan

Any advice or information provided here does not and is not intended to be and should not be taken to constitute specific professional or psychological advice given to any group or individual. This general advice is provided with the guidance that any person who believes that they may be suffering from any medical, psychological, or mindbody condition should seek professional advice from a qualified, registered/licensed physician and/or psychotherapist who has the opportunity to meet with the patient, take a history, possibly examine the patient, review medical and/or mental health records, and provide specific advice and/or treatment based on their experience diagnosing and treating that condition or range of conditions. No general advice provided here should be taken to replace or in any way contradict advice provided by a qualified, registered/licensed physician and/or psychotherapist who has the opportunity to meet with the patient, take a history, possibly examine the patient, review medical and/or mental health records, and provide specific advice and/or treatment based on their experience diagnosing and treating that condition or range of conditions.

The general advice and information provided in this format is for informational purposes only and cannot serve as a way to screen for, identify, or diagnose depression, anxiety, or other psychological conditions. If you feel you may be suffering from any of these conditions please contact a licensed mental health practitioner for an in-person consultation.

Questions may be edited for brevity and/or readability.