1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

still reading the pain recovery program and got to Day 11

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nowa, Jan 11, 2020.

Tags:
  1. nowa

nowa Peer Supporter

Where I watched the video of libby doing somatic tracking, and tried to do it on my own anxiety symptoms, unfortunately (?) this took me back to an incident on board ship. on the last voyage from NEW Zealand back to England, when I had a severe throat infection and had to swallow the most disgusting thick white syrup, antibiotic, I presume, which made my stomach feel as it does now, because of my anxiety, and my breathing mimics the roll of the ship. I am hoping that this journaling might help it to go... I was feeling so sick, weak and cold because I had to get out into the fresh air, and so my mother had left me wrapped up in a deckchair, under a stairway, to try and keep me out of the wind. but somebody swilled down the stair, drenching me with cold water...I cannot remember any more, but now I can feel the shock of it on my 9 yr old little body, together with the fact that there was never any comforting from my parents.

i hate my parents, why were they NEVER there for me? but i can't feel angry, i just feel sick...so how can i EVER soothe myself?