1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Still plugging along

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by deborah a burns, Jan 7, 2013.

1. deborah a burns

deborah a burns Peer Supporter

well, after week 33 I was doing pretty well. My mom called (which she never does) and that set me back and then back and then some pretty awful memories..... which pisses me off...I did everything I COULD think of to get back on track. Triggers can really throw you for a loop. I missed the Saturday forum and went to Chicago as planned...sitting on the bus I had to use some serious self talk and finally started talking to my (inner child) I should be able to go somewhere without losing it.
    I'm not good at writing on line. So I'm trying again. I have no problem reading or writing but, connecting oh yeah a problem...more work to do without overwhelming myself.

Jilly likes this.
  2. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

Your post reminded me of Eckhart Tolle, "We think we are so enlightened, until we spend a week end with our parents!" Parents and significant others just have a way of taking us down to ground zero. Nothing like having your legs knocked out from under neath you.

Don't be hard on yourself. Just knowing your typical knee-jerk response helps too; next time purposefully respond completely different. Have a few strategies planned out when you're calm. Keep them written down and handy and pull them out when you need to use them. Throw the situation a curve ball !