1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 8 Still on Day 8, question to ponder

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Irene, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Irene

Irene Peer Supporter

"Are you having success at recognizing the emotions connected to your symptoms? If you have, how do these emotions make you feel?"

Fear, worry, anxiety,...how many synonyms are there? I'm one of those people who is always planning for every possible outcome, or so I think, since I may think of two or three, when the reality is closer to infinity. But how do they make me feel? disappointed at the waste of time and energy being afraid, and then the added waste of time and energy sapped by the TMS symptoms.

I wrote about this in the letter writing exercise, and definitely feel better. Also, after posting yesterday, I had a good night's sleep, and a peaceful day today. And, on that note: Thank you, and Good Night!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

How great that after writing those letters about your emotions of fear, worry, anxiety, you slept well and are having a peaceful day today.
    You got some emotional gump out of your system.

I'll be posting a new thread today on the benefits of deep breathing and how to do it. It's one of my most important TMS healing techniques.