1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Still not 'cured' but I am so happy and proud!

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by oozeworthypayana, Sep 14, 2014.

1. oozeworthypayana

oozeworthypayana New Member

Hi there all, I have done the structured education programme and would say that I am 50-70% better than I have been in years. I have tried for many years to do our local half marathon and fear and pain have stopped me. Last sunday I did it! I had faith in myself, I knew I would be fine and I was! There could be nothing better for me than that achievement so whatever you have been stopping yourself from doing - maybe you can do it!

Seraphina, JanAtheCPA and Ellen like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Oozeworthypayan, your success story is wonderful! I'm so glad the SEP program helped you.
    Running in the half marathon race and not feeling pain was fantastic! You deserve to feel happy and proud.
    I hope everyone doing the SEP will read your post, to give them courage and inspiration.

3. oozeworthypayana

Thanks Walt - I hope so, we can do so much more than we know.

4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks for sharing Ooze! 13.1 miles is a good chunk of real estate, congrats on your achievement! I used to be a runner myself and the half was one of my favorite distances. I still run but it's in the pool nowadays due to my arthritic/TMS?/right hip. After I run for about 10 minutes it loosens up and I can walk again with-out a cane after playing tennis.

I find most non-TMS people have the fear/nocebo of doing more structural damage instilled in them by moderne medicine and the media. They never take that first step of the journey. If they would just give it a try, after a little warm-up the bursaes start secreting synovial fluid, lubricating the joints and they are good to go the distance. Athletes don't go out on the playing field without a sufficient warm-up period. In tennis players have a practice court where they hit with their practice partner for an hour or long before the event, with their coaches watching. After that they get a pre-event massage. The ten minute "warm-up" on the playing court is a last bit of calibration and mainly to let the fans settle in.

Your user name is almost a half marathon in itself! Would you care to elaborate on it's origin Oozeworthypayana?

5. oozeworthypayana

Thanks Tom - still feeling very pleased with myself and booking in the next HM! Ah my name - when I was at university, my friend and I made stupid 'posh' versions of each others names, he was Simon Munton and became Simoney Moontana and I was Suzanne Payne and became Oozeworthy Payana! It has stuck as a user name all these years!

6. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Fun names for friends are great. I have been "Wally Gator" because friends likened me to the
    lovable alligator in that tv animated show. My best friend Larry has been "Lar Bear" for years.