1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 3 Still learning and extremely hopeful

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jml19, Oct 4, 2017.

1. jml19

jml19 Peer Supporter

I am new to the topic of TMS....very new. In a nutshell, I am 65 years old and at the end of April I had what seemed to be a very painful UTI...the first one in over 9 years. That was followed by three more--one at the end of May, the end of June, and beginning of August. During that time I also developed a weird itchy inflammation on the bottom of my foot and then about 7 weeks ago broke out in a mild case of hives which I think may have been from the Bactrim I had taken. During all of this time I also developed spasms of the levator and once the hives subsided my skin continued to burn and itch even though there was no sign of any hives. Add to all of the above unbelievable anxiety and that's been my life for the last 5+ months. I actually discovered information about TMS when researching a levator ani syndrome forum a few days ago and am very very thankful to have found it! I think it is the answer to my health issues. I have been through so many medical tests and everything comes back negative, so at least that's out of the way. Through physical therapy, the spasms are under some control but the itchy skin and scalp are pretty uncomfortable. I am on Day 3 of the TMS program and am hoping that it will help get rid of all these annoying symptoms so I can get back to normal life again. I appreciate this forum very much.

2. georgethee

georgethee Peer Supporter

Welcome JML, You went through all the test and they came out negative and thats a good motivation. Continue with the SEP program, read dr. Sarno's book(s) and you will see some amazing results. Goodluck.

3. jml19

jml19 Peer Supporter

Thank you so much for your much-needed encouragement. It came on a good day! I got The Divided Mind from the library a few days ago, but it seems more technical than helpful. Wondering which of his other books would be best to read the first time around. Finished Day 12 today. Skin issues have not been a problem for several days, so I am so grateful for that. In fact, I have improved in so many areas that it is amazing. Not out of the woods yet, as I am having some cramping today, for some reason.....I realize that I may have some relapses here and there, but I will continue to work through the program.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017