1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Still jogging

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Richsimm22, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Richsimm22

Richsimm22 Well known member

The best thing I ever read fron John Sarno's books was to resume all normal physical activity. I have been jogging ever since and I love it. Even got back to hill sprints and I haven't had a lower back twinge since. It feels like a great victory everytime I go and I no longer feel broken and prisoner in my own body. Before I read the book I would have never exercised to the intensity im up to now.

THANK YOU DR SARNO FOR MAKING ME RUN AGAIN :)

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

That was some of the main advice from Steve Ozanich. He resumed playing golf despite the pain,
    telling himself he had no pain, and his pain went away. He was more strenuous about his activity
    but normal everyday activity is great, and jogging too. Your success is inspirational, Richsimm.

3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I know. I love the "Return to all normal physical activity" reminder by Dr. Sarno. Makes so much sense. So many Doctors will tell you its not good to set around and not do anything and we all can vouch for when we have took all that time not doing anything and how it makes you really feel stressed. When I saw this reminder it was music to my ears and I stayed happy for a long time, still am. Thanks for the reminder and the smile.

4. sarah430

sarah430 Peer Supporter

As a fellow runner, I say "Bravo!"

Often this is difficult to do, but you've inspired me. Thanks!