1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 24 Still here!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Irene, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Irene

Irene Peer Supporter

Greetings!

Day 24 had articles about personality traits, and I was reminded of a terrific little book which deals with the same topic from a Christian point of view: Who is God? Who am I? Who are You?, by Dee Pennock. (It's in print, as far as I know, but hard to find. Try the Greek Archdiocese education department for a good price.)

Anyway, I pulled out my copy and read it this time to apply it to me, rather than to my students, and was delightfully surprised by how it described the relationship between people-pleasing (also know as vainglory) and anger, illness, and physical disability.

From another source, I was reminded of a book I've had on my shelf for years but never read, A Handbook of Spiritual Counsel, by Saint Nicodemos of the Holy Mountain. There I ran across such nuggets as this: "...every small movement of the heart,... can cause great movements throughout the periphery of the human body."

So, while I may have appeared to be absent from SEP, really, I've been catching up on relevant, but unexpected, reading. Now, on to Day 25!

2. jodib

jodib Peer Supporter

sounds like interesting book, thank you I am going to check library
    have a blessed weekend :)

3. Irene

Irene Peer Supporter

You, too, jodib! And, welcome! welcomea

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Irene. Those two books sound very interesting.
    I'm almost 85 and have those same questions about Who is God, etc.

The goodist side of me is very strong and may give me TMS symptoms,
    but I prefer keeping on trying to help people despite overdoing it sometimes and that causing pain.

I write books to help people, especially preteens and teenagers (a list is at
    www.walteroleksybooks.com
    and amazon.com books has them all.

A boy about 8 wrote me that he was in a hospital recovering from surgery and an aunt gave him a copy of
    my preteen novel, IF I'M LOST, HOW COME I FOUND YOU? He said he liked it and it made him laugh.

I don't think I could have made it this far without writing or my dogs. And, of course, God.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

... and hugs.

I also love getting and giving hugs.
    A friend came here last night and we watched a Monty Python movie.
    We hugged each other three times. On his arrival and twice as he was leaving.
    I'm helping him with his divorce, just by being a friend he can talk to and hang out with.