1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Still fighting

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by kiki E, Dec 4, 2016.

?

Has anyone experienced this before?

1. Leg pain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Recovering

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. kiki E

kiki E Newcomer

I have recently read Dr Sarnos book and I fully understand why I had back pain and have realized since reading the book that my back is normal. My back pain is now gone, but there's an intense shooting pain in my leg now (it wasn't there before) and sometimes I'm able to fight it but other times in my conditioning stages like when I drive, or sit it can get really intense. Again even while driving or sitting I'm able to fight it but for some reason this pain keeps coming back. Am I doing something wrong? My back pain is gone I know I have a normal back and the pain was caused by TMS. I keep thinking of my emotions when the pain rises but I can't seem to get rid of it completely and my leg muscle under my buttocks will twitch during the pain.

2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

If it's TMS (likely unless you've experienced a trauma to the leg) it's what's referred to in TMS lingo as SYMPTOM SUBSTITUTION. You may be dx'ed with sciatica on exam. I had that once and it went away in it's due course and I can now drive coast to coast and back with no leg pain. If it's TMS you'll get over it. Look up SYMPTOM SUB--sorry I can't expound more but I have a Christmas party to go to now, but that's it in a nutshell.

Cheers,
    tt

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, don't be discouraged because this seems to be a little more persistent than the back pain. This is the way with TMS. Keep doing your process, and be patient.

4. kiki E

kiki E Newcomer

Thank you this helped me a lot I appreciate it

5. kiki E

kiki E Newcomer

Thank you for the information I'm pretty positive it is TMS I've been getting better but the drive to work this morning was ruff. Where can I find information on system submission?

6. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Do a "search" in the box at the top right of the page, it should come up, or look it up in the index of the books. It's "SYMPTOM SUBSTITUTION", but you were on the right track, a "system submission" is synonymous with a "search", sort of a spoonerism.