1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 25 Still at it

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Regrowth, Jun 13, 2015.

1. Regrowth

Regrowth New Member

Well, I'm still going through the program. I missed a few days this week, which ironically is probably a good sign. That means I had the energy and the ability to overcome my anxiety to do things after work - and I was too busy/tired to work on my SEP "homework" when I finally came back home. But I'm still at it, and it's probably better that I keep trying to fit in the homework on a daily basis, otherwise I risk getting too caught up in everything and lose my pain and emotional awareness.

My pain has subsided some, but not as much as I'd like. Looks like it will be a slow grind. On the plus side, I've been able to stick with an exercise regimen for more than a week without having some weird pain pop up and disrupt it. And even if I do notice pain during or after, I acknowledge that nothing traumatic has happened, and move on.

MSZ812 likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Regrowth. It's okay to miss a few days in the SEP, but glad you have been making them up. And it's really wonderful to know you are feeling less pain from exercising. Just keep telling yourself that any pain is psychological, not structural. Very few people have healed completely in those "miracle" cures from just having read Dr. Sarno's books and accepting that their pain is TMS. For me and most others, it was a slower, longer process, especially for me, doing the journaling to discover my long-held repressed anger from childhood when my parents divorced when I was seven.

Keep doing the SEP and you will come through it either pain-free or very close to it. Then just keep thinking positive and believing 100 percent in TMS.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

On the plus side, I've been able to stick with an exercise regimen for more than a week without having some weird pain pop up and disrupt it. And even if I do notice pain during or after, I acknowledge that nothing traumatic has happened, and move on.

This is great progress Regrowth. My TMS journey was slow and steady. You are making progress. I send my support and encouragement.
    Andy B.

4. Regrowth

Regrowth New Member

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement!