1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Stiffness ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by mckenzie, Nov 18, 2016.

1. mckenzie

mckenzie Newcomer

Hi all, am new here so hello everyone. I discovered Dr Sarno's books a few weeks ago & haven't looked back since. I have suffered with quite a few of the symptoms for as long as I can remember but primary is my lower back.

After reading the books & watching videos my latest sciatica pain has almost gone, however in between the intense pain episodes I've always had a very stiff lower back. Would I be right in assuming that eventually, as long as I stay aware of whats going on in my psyche, the stiffness will recede ?

Cheers

2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome and good for you!
    Assume that it will disappear in time by not worrying about it and thinking psychological. We all have one or two symptoms that seem to be the hardest to get rid off.

mckenzie and mike2014 like this.
  3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

First and foremost, welcome to the forum, you are in a safe place where there is so much support, knowledge and wisdom.

Although awareness is a huge part of the puzzle, I'd also look at how you react to fear, anger etc and ultimately changing this. Each journey is individual but requires alot of self reflection, inner work and understanding.

You may wish to create an evidence sheet to help you chart your symptoms and reinforce your believe of the diagnosis.

Please also, remember to be very kind to yourself on your journey showing yourself lots of love, kindness and gratitude. The journey isn't a simple one, but it will certainly help you live a more fruitful life when you achieve wellness.

I have every confidence in you my friend.

With warmth and much hope,

Gigalos and mckenzie like this.
  4. mckenzie

mckenzie Newcomer

Thanks for the warm replies guys, it all makes perfect sense. If anyone wants to chip in if they have overcome a lingering stiffness id love to hear it :)

5. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi again, I can't say I've come across a success story on just overcoming stiffness, although I'm sure people who have overcome TMS have healed from it.

I've carried out a search on the word, 'stiffness' and you may find some gems of wisdom in some of these post:

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/search/1133784/?q=Stiffness&o=date&c (Search Results for Query: Stiffness | TMS Forum (The Mindbody Syndrome))

mckenzie likes this.
  6. mckenzie

mckenzie Newcomer

Great, cheers Mike.. why didn't I think of that! Ill have a good look through when I get a chance.