1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Stiff tendons, ligaments or muscles with back pain

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Click#7, Sep 16, 2017.

Tags:
?

knee and ligament stiffness ?

1. yes

2. yes

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Click,

It can be hard to be in health professions and accept a TMS diagnosis, so I definitely understand your unconscious still telling you that it's structural. Thankfully the more I studied the TMS approach the more I've learned how to differentiate what is and isn't TMS. Not sure about the knee issue- you'll want to think through whether it is consistent and unchanging or not, whether the pain moves around and varies and other things. I can't tell you for sure if it's TMS here without seeing you and if you haven't had it checked out. Though getting through a hurricane and doing lots of physical things like stairs with no pain is definitely a clue for you! Pay attention to the knee pain and see if it changes and varies. At this point I assume most all pain I feel in my body (especially musculoskeletal) is TMS if I haven't obviously injured it in the gym or something. Also recall that cracking/popping and pain don't have to go together, the cracking could be stiffness or tendons moving over each other (I am only 30 and have lots of joints that have always done this!). If the pain appeared all of a sudden without provocation that is also a clue for you.

The residual back pain at this point is likely to be TMS if your imaging all looks good and the surgeries were a while ago, that seems more straightforward. Your other diagnoses are also likely TMS in the absence of other issues (tinnitus and cardiac palpitations can be caused by other things too but I assume you've been checked out for those).

Feel free to message me with any questions :)

Click#7 and plum like this.
  2. Click#7

Click#7 Well known member

Thank you for responding. My post op back pain is actually only 6 months. Many people have told me it could takes a year for things to settle down from a fusion. I did not know about TMS prior to the surgery. I believe it should all be healed and this is TMS. The clicking knee pain is bizarre and I am not going to do anything about it for at least a couple weeks to see if that settles down. When I lay on my back and move it up and down it clicks and pops and pain is more on the upper inner medial side ? I will go see my regular GP if it lingers. Thank you for being there for everyone with your comments and advice.

3. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

It doesn't matter, Dr. Sarno said the brain is so complex, that we may never know the mechanisms of how it creates TMS pain--it doesn't matter. What's important is to accept the theory, that the pain is created by the subconscious as a psychological defense mechanism.

4. intense50

intense50 Well known member

I agree and understand. I got rid of back pain. Journaling ect. Now have foot pain Norton neuroma, pf. You say "now I'm in charge". But does this not show there is still a need for diversion since it comes back as system imperative. Or is it just the id having a tantrum.?