1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Stiff neck in back, occasional throbbing towards front - TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by romanhysek, Mar 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. romanhysek

romanhysek New Member

Although I cured my sciatica, golfers elbows, GERD and most of my IBS, I am a person who is filled with resentments and ruminate too much (currently addressed in therapy). I have been getting concerned that much of this pain is on the side as opposed to simply on the back, which Sarno states TMS is (back of neck).

Has anyone had this on the side, along with the throbbing? Do you think it's TMS?

2. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

Hi Romanhysek, well done on getting rid of the sciatica etc !!

I'm not sure where you have got the idea that TMS neck pain must be at the back, it can be anywhere. I'd say since you've recovered from other TMS manifestations, but still have emotional habits to resolves, it's a safe bet that your neck pain is TMS too. Unless of course you have had suffered an injury recently.

Dr.Sarno tells us that TMS pain is caused by mild oxygen depravation in soft tissue, so it would make sense that you could get a throbbing sensation if there was a slight change in normal blood flow.

I've had all manner of neck pain as part of my TMS, it's gone now though.

Remember the purpose of TMS is to distract you from your emotions, by keeping you focused on your body. Be strong and don't let it win.

The way to be free of TMS is to lose your fear of it. Simple, but tricky when it keep inventing new symptoms.

Be persistent and don't lose heart you will be fine.

Bless you :joyful:

Ellen likes this.