1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Steve Ozanich running

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by hawaii_five0, Jan 3, 2022.

1. hawaii_five0

hawaii_five0 Well known member

Can anyone summarize for me what Steve Ozanich said about him returning to running (or anyone else's similar experience?). I do not have the book, and I have bought so many mind-body books now I don't want another one, but I want to say I heard something on here or somewhere that when he returned to running it remained painful for a good while (weeks, months?) but he stuck it out and eventually the pain went away.

The reason I ask is I have increased my exercise a lot over the last 6 weeks but the discomfort has actually increased. Of course there might be other things going on too (I started doing the Schubiner book and digging more into emotional issues). Or even (hopeful thought) it is an extinction burst. But still I'd would like to hear that someone had this same experience. There is no way it is structural, it continues to move around to different places (back, pelvis, hip) and accompanied by anxiety, I'm sure I have TMS, so it's not a structural thing. Thanks in advance.