1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Steve Ozanich interviewed by Emmett Miller, MD

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everyone,

I've been thrilled recently to see Steve Ozanich posting in a number of threads here recently. Steve is the author of one of the best TMS books out there, and he understands TMS incredibly well. To help people find his posts, I've given them a special grey "prefix," so that they stand out in the thread listing.

I'm posting today to share an interview that Steve did with Emmett Miller, MD. You may recognize Dr. Miller's name from Steve's book:
    I couldn't resist putting in some long quotes because in addition to relating how Dr. Miller's products helped him, he illustrates some very important points with his story. For example, many TMSers keep reading book after book, but it isn't how much you know that heals you; it's how deeply you believe. The belief has to penetrate down deep into your unconscious, where the real work is done. Similarly, how many people have I seen who developed new symptoms just as they started TMS healing? Many! The wily unconscious distraction strategy will do whatever it can to keep in control and when new ideas start rattling around your brain, it begins to feel threatened and acts a little crazy. He also shows, with his own experiences, that healing sometimes requires time, determination and grit, and that not watching the calendar helps to hasten the recovery.

Anyway, in another thread, Steve wrote, "[Dr. Miller] was one of the first mindbody docs in the country around 1970 or so. He doesn't know Dr. Sarno but whenever I tell him about TMS he says, "yes, that's right, that's what I see in my practice too....that Sarno guy is right.""

Are you also interested to listen in to the dialogue between Steve and one of the people who helped heal him?

Well, here it is:
    Enjoy!​

miffybunny and BruceMC like this.
  2. Stock Trader

Stock Trader Peer Supporter

Steve sure really knows how to explain TMS in basic terms.

3. Leslie

Leslie Well known member

Not to mention his amazing ability to inject some levity for all of us "way too serious" TMSers. A strong dose of humor is a wonderful healing tool!

4. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

You may be right, but possibly some TMSers are confused by Dr. Sarno's insistence, again and again, the belief is not necessary, knowledge is.

I realize that information and knowledge are not the same, but it's easy to confuse the two.