1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 13 Steady progress

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by HPJM, Aug 16, 2015.

1. HPJM

HPJM New Member

What TMS-related book, article, or news story have you found the most helpful in solidifying your belief in the diagnosis?

Sarno's 'The Mindbody Prescription' was the first thing I read about TMS, and it was very helpful. But the articles in the educational program have been as equally enlightening, and bring a fresh new perspective. In particular, the article on day 2 by Kim Ruby was comprehensive and taught me some new stuff, and made a lot of sense to me. The article by Jonah Lehrer today was great, and shows that TMS, or at least the psychological causes of chronic pain, are gaining credence among scientists. All of this solidifies my belief, as well as the countless testimonials of the cured.

Had some gastric distress over the last few days which could be a physical anomaly, but I'm not ruling out TMS either.

In the journaling exercise today, again, I didn't have a current stress who is a person. But I wrote about my dad with regards to his influence on my choice about choosing a career in law, whether I really want it, or if it is to win the approval of my family. I felt a bit guilty writing about my parents, but then I realised, writing is just an extension of my thoughts.

Engaging in still more physical activity, I know the fear is still there, but disappearing slowly.

2. Zumbafan

Zumbafan Well known member

The Great Pain Deception by Steven Ozanich, helped me enormously. As he said, "the answer to healing most of our health problems is knowledge, and if it keeps getting offered, suffering will fade into the background, as good health and vitality replace it".

HPJM likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Gastric distress, you know yourself, is often caused by worry or anxiety. Something emotional is causing it. Maybe it has to do with you and your dad and a career in law.

Be sure to follow your passion. If law is it, then by all means go to law school. If not and something else really turns you on, go for that. Don't let anyone influence you against your passion. I've spent my life as a writer and am 85 and still very happy that I chose that profession. I haven't become rich, far from it, but satisfied? Yes, for sure.

HPJM likes this.
  4. HPJM

HPJM New Member

Hi Walt. I enjoy writing a lot as well. Have you managed to make a living out of it or did you do other jobs alongside?

5. Grateful17

Grateful17 Well known member

The Great Pain Deception and Dr. Schubners Unlearn Your Pain were the 2 best TMS books I have read so far. And I think I read about 7 of them in all.

Steve-O's book just spoke to me. I loved everything about it. I happen to be someone who had about 40 other TMS equivalents in addition to PAIN. So Steve's Appendix A, was so helpful to list all of the other things that are related to TMS, where most of the other books only mention a few. Contacting Dr. Sopher and also driving to see a TMS doctor for a firm diagnosis was a huge help too.