1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Steady progress

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Mermaid, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

Hi Sheree

Although I'm a lot better than I was for which I am grateful, I still have a way to go to be symptom free. I'm just trying to focus on all the progress I've made, rather than dwelling on what I've still to "fix".

How are you feeling? All the horrible wet stormy weather doesn't help your mood much does it :(

2. Sheree

Sheree Well known member

Hi Mermaid - yes our weather has been dreadful! Nice to see the sun today though, makes you think about summer...

You seem as though you are really getting there and the tone of your posts is so positive. As for me, pain is still pretty much the same, but I feel a lot more positive about a good outcome. Funnily enough it was a post from you that got me going. Not sure exactly what you said now, but on the lines of grabbing it by the horns and really working at getting better. I had read something in the past from someone else that said it is all well and good to "talk the talk", but there comes a time when you have to "walk the walk ". I think I have got this right! Well it made me realise that although I had read countless things the one thing I was avoiding was the journaling. I think I didn't really know what to write about and secretly believed that I would just get better anyway. A year passed and I was starting to get doubts, but now feel that I am making progress. I realise that I put a lot of pressure on myself ( totally unnecessary) and perhaps my unconscious doesn't like it one little bit. Anyway we are getting there. Thanks for your support.