1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Starting up...

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by lina82, Dec 11, 2014.

1. lina82

lina82 Peer Supporter

I actually started the program two days ago, but then I couldn't find the link for posting here, so here's my "intro" now.

I have suffered from severe pain in mostly my feet and legs but also in my back and neck for a little over a year now. Before that I also suffered from sciatica on my right side - on and off for 10 years. I have experienced a lot of stress during my not so long life (I'm now 32) and suffered a burn out two years ago, so the thought of the pain coming from stress / tension is not very unlikely to me. I have been trying different alternative methods for pain relief and have found the best help in somatic experiencing (SE) and the Rosen method, releasing emotional tension from the body.

I'm now doing qigong every day and I'm joining this 6 week program. The last weeks I have been able to (and have dared to!) do more exercise so I will keep up with my daily walks. I look forward to see what this 6 week period can give me!

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Lina. The SEP program will help you to work on the TMS that is causing your pain.
    It's great that you believe your pains are caused by negative emotions. 100 percent belief is essential to TMS healing.

And also great that you are continuing with exercise and walks. I do some qigong for seniors and it helps.

You're going to be healthier and happier than you ever imagined.

3. mike2014

mike2014 Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Lina,

Walt has given some great advice

That's great news. The SEP has some wonderful techniques to provide you with relief and ultimately help you heal.

I would like re-iterate, please have 100% belief, commitment and dedication to the program and you will see results.

God bless,

Mike

4. Stella

Stella Well known member

Having doubts is very normal. In 1998 a Scoliosis Orthopedic surgeon told me I had to eliminate all bending from my life. The options for a 2nd surgery were limited 40 years later. He told me to give up the one thing that breathed life into me at the time... gardening. Watching plants grow was so therapeutic. I have disc degeneration and bone spurs in my neck and lower back. This was on both ends of the steels rod fusions.

He was wrong. So very wrong. The last 2 years I have shoveled tons of snow. I am back to gardening. I play Pickleball 4 times each week. All of this and no pain.

Lina you are on an incredible adventure of learning about yourself. You can do it. Stella

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Stella, bring your snow shovel over here, although so far no snow. A mild winter in Chicago.

It't great that you can be so active. Keep it up!

6. lina82

lina82 Peer Supporter

Thank you all for your encouraging responses! I will definately do this whole 6 week program!

7. priaash

priaash New Member

Hi lina
    I truly believe on taking out negative emotions from your body to release tension and yes its not a sudden change but we need to start working on it am sure we are doing it all the best......