1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Starting the program

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Cog, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Cog

Cog Peer Supporter

I've overcome a lot of pain issues already so I believe in the TMS diagnosis. I was a book cure so never did the program here. I still have some lingering symptoms that I'm not sure can be healed and some that I believe can. If this program were to be fully successful, I would not have the ringing in my ear which I've had for as long as I can remember, I would not have a pain in my shoulder which has gotten much better, but still lingers a bit, and I would not have to constantly clear my throat because of incessant phlegm that builds up there. Frankly I'm not sure the throat thing is TMS, but nothing else I've tried seems to work. And there's still a little hint of back pain which is 1000 times better than it used to be, but not gone completely... that would be gone too.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Cog, ringing in the ears is very common. I've had it for years. If I don't pay attention to it, I don't hear it.

You sound like you really don't believe 100 percent that your symptoms are TMS.
    You have to believe totally or some pain will remain. Tell yourself some positive mantras that it's TMS.

One of those in the TMS community posted Dr. Sarno's 12 Daily Reminders in positive affirmations.
    Here they are:

12 DAILY REMINDERS….DR. SARNO

1. The pain is due to TMS.
    2. The direct reason for the pain is mild oxygen deprivation.
    3. TMS is a harmless condition caused by my REPRESSED EMOTIONS.
    4. The principle emotion is my repressed ANGER.
    5. TMS exists only to DISTRACT my attentions from the emotions.
    6. Since my body is perfectly normal, there is nothing to fear.
    7. Therefore, physical activity is harmless.
    8. I am resuming all normal physical activity.
    9. The pain is unimportant and powerless.
    10. My attention is on the emotional issues.
    11. I am in control of all of this.
    12. I’m thinking PSYCHOLOGICALLY AT ALL TIMES.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

You can get better Cog, You have to believe you will get better. You can't just say I'm not sure if I will get better or not. See you have come so far already and being outcome independent in which you don't gauge the symptoms anymore is where you need to be now. Just do all the work you need to do, be outcome independent and watch the best times roll. But expect the best if that's what you want and with that same note always know we are humans and organic so we are going to have some normal lag here and there at times, loosen up your doing great.

Cog likes this.
  4. Cog

Cog Peer Supporter

Thanks all. I've been reading the daily reminder, success stories, and reading through the recovery program. I'm not noticing the pain symptoms as much as before.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

It looks like you're progressing very well, Cog. You notice less pain symptoms, so that means
    your unconscious mind is letting up on you.

I find that one of the best ways to relax is to disconnect my telephone.
    I get so many unwanted phone calls. Family and friends rarely call me and I tell them to email me first.

It is really restful to know the phone is not going to ring and another company or politician or welfare agency
    is not going to pull me out of meditation or just enjoying my day. The telephone has become the greatest
    annoyance in my life, and others tell me the same.