1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. BruceMC is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Starting SEP over. Peroneal pain gone,ankle bone pain won't go away

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by aces0730, Dec 27, 2015.

1. aces0730

aces0730 Peer Supporter

I was doing well with and got rid of the peroneal pain,but now I have pain in the malleolus bone. I went to the podiatrist, to make sure there wasn't a fracture, and sure enough no fracture. She does not know why I have pain in my ankle bone. I know it's TMS. I just want to be pain free, I want to go work out at the gym again and lose the holiday weight I have gained.

Funny thing that happened was yesterday most of the pain had gone away. I was on my feet all day Friday because I hosted Christmas dinner. Today the pain came back. I guess I really have to work st this. Journal every day. I just would like to know if I can beat this. I ave so many issues, fears, and such. I feel like crying all the time. I finally got the job, that I had been temping for over the past two years.

Any advice you an give is truly appreciated. I'd like to see a Sarno Therapist, but I live In a suburb that's 25 miles rom Boston. Any advice please...

2. Laughalot

Laughalot Peer Supporter

Hey Aces,

First of all, it sounds like a lot of stuff is working out for you! You had a Christmas party, you got a job - that's awesome! I don't have a full time job right now :p

Second - when you feel like crying, have you tried exploring what you're crying about through journaling? I am often surprised at what comes out through free writing or dialoguing.

Have you already completed the SEP program? I am (very slowly) getting through the SEP program, and have found it really helpful for forcing myself to practice the basic strategies of positive thinking, reframing, and journaling. I tend to avoid that stuff, making myself busy with just about anything else until I've sunk down really deep.

If you're looking for a therapist who knows TMS and can treat it, there are several who do online appointments. One of them is the Pain Psychology Center in Los Angeles