1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Starting SEP over. Peroneal pain gone,ankle bone pain won't go away

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by aces0730, Dec 27, 2015.

1. aces0730

aces0730 Peer Supporter

I was doing well with and got rid of the peroneal pain,but now I have pain in the malleolus bone. I went to the podiatrist, to make sure there wasn't a fracture, and sure enough no fracture. She does not know why I have pain in my ankle bone. I know it's TMS. I just want to be pain free, I want to go work out at the gym again and lose the holiday weight I have gained.

Funny thing that happened was yesterday most of the pain had gone away. I was on my feet all day Friday because I hosted Christmas dinner. Today the pain came back. I guess I really have to work st this. Journal every day. I just would like to know if I can beat this. I ave so many issues, fears, and such. I feel like crying all the time. I finally got the job, that I had been temping for over the past two years.

Any advice you an give is truly appreciated. I'd like to see a Sarno Therapist, but I live In a suburb that's 25 miles rom Boston. Any advice please...

2. Laughalot

Laughalot Peer Supporter

Hey Aces,

First of all, it sounds like a lot of stuff is working out for you! You had a Christmas party, you got a job - that's awesome! I don't have a full time job right now :p

Second - when you feel like crying, have you tried exploring what you're crying about through journaling? I am often surprised at what comes out through free writing or dialoguing.

Have you already completed the SEP program? I am (very slowly) getting through the SEP program, and have found it really helpful for forcing myself to practice the basic strategies of positive thinking, reframing, and journaling. I tend to avoid that stuff, making myself busy with just about anything else until I've sunk down really deep.

If you're looking for a therapist who knows TMS and can treat it, there are several who do online appointments. One of them is the Pain Psychology Center in Los Angeles