1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Starting over peroneal tendon

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by aces0730, Apr 20, 2016.

1. aces0730

aces0730 Peer Supporter

Hi Everyone,

I thought I had this peroneal tendon pain problem done with, but I now know being pain free isn't a destination but a journey. My trigger, my sister, when she came home from California. I can't go on about our personal lives her money problems, and her inability to drive or take responsibility for her actions, but she drives me nuts. I guess what was the last straw when I felt my tendon has been building for the past 3 months.

We knew our last Uncle was dying, but he never would give us a straight answer, on what kind of cancer. My uncle Peter only wanted my husband to be his power of attorney and healthcare proxy #2. Family was angry. They all tried to talk to the bank to get him off the accounts.

My husband, sister and I cleaned out uncle Peter's living room so he could have hospice and die at home. My uncle was a hoarder, the house had beautiful antiques, but everything was everywhere on top of everything. We got it done, uncle Peter lasted a week. Right after the funeral, my husband got laid off on March 2nd, my sister left for California on March 8. She came home, April 15 and wanted to know what happened to the stuff in my uncles home, I told her that after uncle died, his home went into a trust with the attorney being the executive of the estate. My sister screamed at me and said that Uncle Peter promised her the glass table with the marble base, guess what? It is all gone. She continued to badger me on who will get what. She is not in his will because of her lack of respect which my uncle demanded, and she's angry that my husband is mentioned, but I am not. I don't care, I loved my uncle, cleaned as best I could, had him here for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the game before the Super Bowl. Even when my aunt as alive they were always welcome.
    To top it all off I am in jury duty, luckily my company is paying me. Friday, after my sister came home we had to attend a funeral of a cousin who died of a heart attack at the age of 56. So, my tendon and foot hurt, I am starting from scratch again. I know this is TMS, I know it's my brain that is doing this. I have to do the work, make the lists and this is not easy Thanks for listening.

2. Sean

Sean New Member

Hi aces,
    It's worth the effort

3. aces0730

aces0730 Peer Supporter

Yes it is