1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 Starting over pain is about 70% gone but depression and the holidays is upsetting.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by aces0730, Nov 20, 2015.

1. aces0730

aces0730 Peer Supporter

I was fortunate enough to have a friend help me with going through the program, but what's hard for me is working a full time job that's exhausting and having to deal with my uncle who is 81, lost his wife a year ago, has dementia, and some sort of cancer that he won't tell me. He has friends that have called my husband and I (My husband is the only person he trusts and not me) I also have been watching a great deal of Sarno videos on you tube.

The tendon has become less painful, the only place I have pain is on the malleolus (outside bone on the ankle) and it still feels weak. I worked out a few times but the fear is what is the main issue. I have also gained weight and that bothers and enrages me as I was always physically fit.

I guess I'm everywhere, I'm depressed about my job and my uncle. I have a very difficult hot and cold boss, I'm a temp so they can let me go at any time. I applied for full time last year and got passed over. One person in our group is leaving and I am debating on applying again.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Aces. You are under a lot of stress from work and the uncle, but stay confident that you have TMS and will feel better soon. The approaching holidays can add to our stress, but we need to keep positive and focus on them making us feel good. Try not to let fear stop you from enjoying the holidays.

You can do only so much for your uncle. Maybe let your husband deal with him.