1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Started to improve. Having first exacerbation Day 1

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Pharmer1, Jun 29, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Pharmer1

Pharmer1 Newcomer

I just discovered this web site. I figured out I have TMS about 6-8 weeks ago. I found out about Dr. Sarno during a psychic reading. I have read The MindBody Prescription, The Great Pain Deception, and I'm a third of the way into The Divided Mind. I improved for about 6 weeks (symptoms = neck pain, vertigo, dizziness, GI problems, tinnitus, dry eye, headache, nocturia, intermittent low back pain on left side, etc.). I had an exacerbation last week after visiting the chiropractor. I stopped doing manual adjustments about 2 months ago because I know it's not beneficial or necessary. The chiropractor was doing Neurolink and during the appointment told me firmly she doesn't think my issue is psychosomatic and I just needed to have her get me out of fight or flight. I was really angry but didn't express it. I think that may have triggered the return/increased severity of symptoms. I have decided not to go to anymore appointments. I came across this web site today and I have started on Day 1 of the program. I have already accepted the diagnosis and understand the cause of the problem. Maybe I just need more time or need to spend more time reading to heal.

ssxl4000 likes this.
  2. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

It takes a while to recover from TMS. What you are experiencing is quite common, Sarno calls it extinction bursts. Keep working through your psychological issues. Best of luck!

3. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

TG957 is right, patience is key! Even if most of your symptoms resolve quickly, many people take longer to fully learn and accept the concepts of TMS, and to truly lose the fear of symptoms. There is no set pace, so keep up the good work!

4. Pharmer1

Pharmer1 Newcomer

Have been facing my fears. Like going to personal training and laying on my back to do certain exercises even though it makes me dizzy. I just wait until it stops and then I do the abdominal crunch. Listening to Dr. Schubiner's lectures has been very helpful, as he states certain things in a different way or uses certain examples.

ssxl4000 likes this.