1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Start What Ever It is you Want to Do -- Before Your Ready

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Start whatever it is you want to do or don't want to but know you need to do.
    Start before your ready and then eventually you will get ready.
    Do this every day for 30 days straight, then you will have good success.

Here's the problem , most of us wont Start - so I learned that every day I have to get some kind of word
    Some knowledge, some wisdom. A smile -- something that would build me up and then I will meditate.
    Only twice a day do I visualize now as that's really how I think all the Day through.

Speak with courage and see your body healed, Control the emotions with will of effort.

Sure it takes 30 , 60 , 100 days or much longer but it works wonders and gives you your hope back your belief in the mindbody

This asking -- the body hates and the mind ignores it, till were older and wiser -- what ever age that may be.
    We learn not to judge even ourselves and then we learn to break a conditioned
    system that we didn't know we had. We can learn to live like a child again and have fun in the sun or dirt.

Remember when you smiled when you had nothing and you was just complete with nothing lacking --
    It always was then, and not now -- It seems like, but the emotion is just a thought away as you ponder and
    prose, learn and compose.

Remember to Start Before Your Ready and you'll have good success.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2013
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

That's good advice, Herbie. Start before you're ready.
    Have confidence and faith and just do it! Pain be damned.
    Know you're going to go through pain into healing.
    Re-focus the pain onto something else... something pleasant.

Remember the fun you had when you were a child.
    Be a child again.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

This is very timely, Herbie. I am away on vacation where the weather is glorious, unlike back home where cold, heavy winds are blowing. My elder daughter has been nagging me to go cycling with her. I keep thinking, 'Am I ready for this? Will I be able to last more than five minutes?' Daughter is getting very annoyed with my excuses and insists I need to go for it. I guess it's my old foe, Fear, again. I just took a long walk and watched other people on bikes. I glanced at the local map and found all of the bike trails. I planned the route we would take. I visualized me riding the bike and stopping whenever I felt the need to admire the wonderful views. Watch this space...

4. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Eric, This is an awesome word!!!!! Just what I needed to hear. I trying to figure out how to move forward
    in my life with everything; especially work. I did something very brave. I left one of my jobs that I have
    had for a long time. It is a wonderful job but it was not interesting to me any more. I was not happy
    going to work. So, I decided in November to leave by January 1. I will have so much time on my hand.
    I have not had that in years but I am not sure what to do with this time. I am brainstorming.

So, I love the idea of starting(I am not sure what) before I am ready. If anyone has any ideas, I would
    appreciate it. I can use some help brainstorming.

5. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Well, I did get on that bike in the end after much harassment from my daughter. I was glad I had the push. It took me awhile to adjust to the bike. It was difficult getting on and off which we did frequently to take photos. When I was cruising along I felt no pain. dancea

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Aw, This is so awesome yb44. Im so proud of you. You did it. I had to make myself get back to doing stuff as said above.
    I was so scared at first but we now know what we can do huh.
    Bless You

7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

I love the way you wrapped this up Walt, you would think we were writing like each other or something for a purpose. Hum -- beerbuds

North Star likes this.
  8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Awesome, you saw yourself riding the bike in visualizations. That's a powerful secret.
    It took me years to realize that those images really work -- Wow

9. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Wow, that's so awesome G.R. - You are working your path to greatness in peace. Now you said what could you do with time, well that smile you have is lifting my hopes and courage up right now as im typing this to you. Something that requires a Big Heart, hum I wonder. I got it -- keep giving that solid powerful advise you been giving to every one and soon whatever your heart desires should come to you. I mean, that's the way it works right.:shame:
    Thank You so much G. R for all your encouragement to me.
    Your just - Well Awesome

North Star and G.R. like this.
  10. G.R.

G.R. Well known member

Eric,
    I hope you don't mind me saying this but I just love you so much. I had a really hard day with symptoms and reading your post to me made me
    smile and feel I am not in this alone.

In fact, I was going to take a break from coming on the wiki because I been struggling with buttock tightening and sciatica, especially in the
    middle of the night. I been journaling (not everyday0 and talking to God about my emotions. I, also, been seeing a psychotherapist. I have had about
    five sessions with her. She is awesome!!!! I think the pain has really been triggered because my husband got a new job and will be traveling.

Any suggestions for me; especially about in the middle of the night pain. I know this is probably not good but I take a few showers in the middle
    of the night and that seems to help. I have to wake up my wonderful husband because the sciatica pain is so bad and then my muscles are
    tight in my buttock that I can't seem to lift up my feet. I do think psychological in the middle of the night but I am so tired and just want to
    get back to sleep. I am always trying to connect the physical symptoms with my emotions.

I am sticking with my program and being very loving to myself. I have a friends around who are supportive and that goes a long way.
    I keep telling myself even thought the symptoms rage; I am getting better and better and I am going to get those repressed emotions out
    of the basement.

Any help anyone can give I would so appreciative?
    Rose

mousemom likes this.
  11. mousemom

mousemom Peer Supporter

Rose, I feel your pain. I don't sleep much anymore because of my back pain & I know it's TMS but my mind just fights it so much. I am lost of what to do anymore. I journal etc. too but the symptoms do not let up. Grrrrr!! I pray time will bring relief.

G.R. and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  12. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Hello G.R. Im so sorry about your symptoms you have been having. You are doing a good job by not trying so hard to attach your pain to an emotion as you know that this can be a great and effective tool but when we try to hard even this can become frustrating and cause tension which isn't good. So when you said that your trying to use the ignore method and give it no attention then I believe you spoke the right words for now as I think You already know what the emotion might be.

You said your husband was going away on a business trip, right. O.K I know you have great love for him and I remember a time when my fiancé was going away to Texas by herself for the first time we'd ever been apart since we met. I had knowledge of the tms just like you but for many days at night while asleep id awake with a flare up. Now I knew the emotion that was causing this and I thought if I knew the emotion then Why would I be having the pain right. Well then it hit me, Even though I knew the emotion well that was causing the pain -- I still had to fully accept without a doubt that she'd be alright without me for a while. Surly the fear I had of her getting hurt all by herself was ringing in my unconscious while I was awake but for some reason it was like while I was conscious of the unconscious happenings -- awake, they wouldn't happen but as soon as I went to sleep or even dozed off for a moment the pain was there.

So see dear even when were totally aware of the emotion it can still creep in while were asleep for sure. The thing I did to get it to finally stop was to once and for all acknowledge to myself that I knew in my heart that she was going to be fine if I wasn't there for her. I also had to acknowledge to myself that I'd be ok if she wasn't there for me. I knew in my heart that God wasn't going to let anything happen but I had to know it for myself and come to a place where no fear or worry could play with my thoughts again.

I'd came to far and did my homework just like you. I had to let go and trust in myself that I had no reason to worry anymore. I had to also let go and trust my own mental ability (that if I perceived fear) or hurt or loss in any form then my mind was so shaped to follow suit and give me pain cause I had already got so good at cutting the pain off with my mind. Now I had to know without a shadow of a doubt -- just like the word says -- Great is thy peace of thy children.

I knew if I could accept that peace that passes all understanding that I'd get better and I did. I had to put all of my trust in God that he wasn't going to let anything happen to the ones I loved -- for me and for them. It was a few days later but after utter total acceptance that she was not going to be hurt and that I had this unconscious belief that what if something happened, it had to go -- that what if something happened thought ya know. I had to totally believe that my family, my future , my hopes were safe in my creators hands, then I got better.

I hope this makes sense and helps -- I love you too G.R , You will always inspire me with your words of hope and courage. Sometimes the pain finds a way in while were unaware but with complete acceptance that your husband -- your daughter and everything you love including yourself is going to be alright and you are protected in the now -- with this complete surrender you will get better.
    Bless You

nowtimecoach and G.R. like this.
  13. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

"Start before you're ready"…that's a good phrase to tuck away for quick retrieval, Herbie. Your loving wisdom has, once again, kicked off my day in a great way.