1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Spreading the word

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mad, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Mad

Mad Peer Supporter

So I'm part of a few FB groups for fibromyalgia. In my short time working on this TMS I'm fully confident that it's spot on- every technique I've learned and used has proven useful. Do any of you have a link I could pass on to give a solid, general overview of TMS? I've done so much reading I can't remember where I started, LOL.

Just yesterday I spoke to the nurse at my Dr office...he was asking what I've done to get better, so I told him to research TMS and consider passing it along to the Dr. Very valuable info!

2. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

[Deleted at BeWell's request]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
  3. Ines

Ines Well known member

4. brendan537

brendan537 Peer Supporter

Mad

we would love to hear your story here. Your experience, strength and hope.

5. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

There is a book Freedom From Fibromyalgia by Dr. Nancy Selfridge, with foreword by Dr. Sarno. She herself recovered from Fibromyalgia using Sarno approach.

6. Mad

Mad Peer Supporter

I just copied this from my new member intro, because I'm too lazy to retype it, lol. So.... experience, strength and hope...I know that phrase well, are you part of another recovery program? :)
    [​IMG]
    MadNew Member
    I'm saying its still too early to claim success, so I'll just introduce myself and give my story as a "hello" to you all.
    I've had Migraines and moderate, sporadicDepression since I was 13 (I'm 31 now). I began having anxiety issues in my early 20s. My oldest child was born when I was 21, and I was a single mother. At that time my father was an active alcoholic, and nearly died. (He's healthy and sober now!) My twins were born when I was 24- my c-section was very traumatic. A few months later I married their bio...I found out the hard way what a narcissist is- he was abusive to me; mentally, verbally, physically, sexually and financially. And then he physically abused my oldest child. Not long after we split, my PTSD wreaked havoc. I was wrongly diagnosed with bipolar and schizophrenia, and put on tons of awful meds. Fast forward to that fall, my hubby and I began seeing each other. Soon after, my mom and step-dad divorced, and my mom's drinking got way out of hand. Two years of hell, taking care of her while she slowly killed herself. And then one day I went to check on her, and she had passed, likely the day before. Fast forward a few more years- the damage done to me had destroyed my marriage, and my husband left me. A few months later he came back, and we decided to make it work. That was a year ago.

Seven months ago it started...first fatigue, then Leg pain. Then horrible flares, flu-like symptoms, sub-normal body temps,Neuropathy, cognitive problems, Insomnia... I saw my Dr a dozen times, labs and X-rays and mri said I'm fine. Saw a rheumatologist, who said I'm fine. Back to my regular Dr who referred me to a neurologist, then to a psychiatrist. I had enough, I was furious.
    I did a lot of research, and came across the TMS subject. And I read more, watched videos... almost immediately my pain subsided. I went from taking several thousand mg of painkillers a day, to none for the last four days. I fall asleep easily, I wake refreshed. I've started exercising again. I'm happy at work again. I have a long way to go, I've still got some very mild pain...and I'm not going to stop working this program.
    I am SO grateful for this new information, and for all of you people here!!