1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Sport and pain

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by KevBin, Mar 8, 2016.

1. KevBin

KevBin New Member

Hi everyone! Yesterday i kicked myself and went for a run. I always associated part of my pain to running since it started when i began a 5k program. Everything went well Yesterday but today im in more pain. Should i continue? Is the fear of worsening the pain is killing the potential benefits?

karinabrown likes this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, KevBin. If you need encouragement about continuing to run despite any pain, I suggest you read Steve Ozanich's book THE GREAT PAIN DECEPTION. He tells how he healed from back and leg and other pains by continuing to play golf and believing in Dr. Sarno's TMS concept of the MindBody connection. He learned that repressed anger caused his pains, anger over a doctor who botched his wife's operation that nearly ki;;ed her, and he also felt guilty that he let that happen.

Resuming physical activity like running is helpful in healing.

3. KevBin

KevBin New Member

Thank you Walt! Even with two dificult days, I still went for a run. Well everything was fine while running. After was an another story. But i'm proud of myself for still going. Maybe tomorow is going to be a pain in the ass (its actualy my pain region haha) but i still wanted to do it.

KatheC likes this.
  4. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

Good for you for persevering! You're sending a message to your subC that you won't be held hostage to the pain.