1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Spoke to alan gordon and Dave Clarke

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Karim, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

They don’t really know or are sure that LPR/ silent reflux is TMS. Am so confuse, I don’t know if I can follow TMS work or to trust any of this claimed practitioners. They don’t really know and we are trusting them. I just want straight answer this is sad

2. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

They need to clarify to the community their lack of knowledge on this topic ASAP before more people fall in to it

3. Idearealist

Idearealist Peer Supporter

They're just being honest. LPR is a poorly understood condition

TG957 likes this.
  4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Sorry Karim about the sense of confusion or lack of support. This whole area of TMS is a new field, and there is much we don't know. Good luck in your health work.

Andy

5. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

Thanks for being honest

6. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

Then why there is people saying that TMS coaches are saying that LPR is TMS.

7. Tms_joe

Tms_joe Well known member

Professionals have a lot to lose if they make a claim like that and are wrong.

If this condition is something you worry about, you shouldn’t, TMS or not.

The cure for TMS is improved mental health. Who doesn’t want that? You’d have peace around the dysfunction, even if it stuck around. That fixes the “problem.”

Good luck.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  8. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

You think I can have peace of mind with a ugly painful sore throat? With a condition that has no cure?

9. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Karim, when I had an ugly painful condition that had no cure, I concluded from reading TMS literature and talking to people on this forum, that TMS works in strange ways. You first need to figure out how to get peace of mind despite your condition, and then your condition will start healing. In TMS speak it is called outcome independence. It was the hardest hurdle to overcome for me. Majority of people who healed struggled exactly with that concept.

But once you convince your mind that the torture of pain is no longer destroying your life (and you need to figure out what that distraction from pain would be), you are going to start healing. I know it may sound ridiculous to you, but that is how we healed.

MWsunin12 and Karim like this.
  10. zeeman01

zeeman01 Peer Supporter

Karim, I can tell by how many messages you sent me and how many posts you made on this for forum that you are in a state of panic. You need to calm down and slow down a bit. TMS recovery can happen with patience and kindness to yourself but i feel like your mindset is not in the right place yet. You are looking for a silver bullet a magical quick cure but the body does not work like that. I remember being very depressed and having a ton of fear, not sleeping well etc when I had a lot of throat pain. Your body can't heal in that state weather it's TMS or not. I know it's hard but try to focus things you enjoy so your body can relax and get back to it's natural state instead of the fight or flight mode you are in now.

Kellso and Karim like this.
  11. Karim

Karim Peer Supporter

Thanks very much, it’s no so easy relaxing on this pandemic stuff you know, and I really appreciate from the bottom of my heart those who took time to answer me. I healed from cpps, rsd, but the thing is that those conditions that I healed from they had no physical signs of damage and they where more easy

12. Tms_joe

Tms_joe Well known member

Yes, I truly believe that. There are historical records of people doing this with extremely debilitating disease that was not TMS as far as we know. Those people are not more or less than you.