1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Spinal Stimulator

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by eightball776, Oct 11, 2018.

1. eightball776

eightball776 Well known member

Anyone tried one of these HF-10 gadgets? I haven't yet found a reason not to try it.

I'm trying to calibrate my expectations, but anything that might interrupt the signal being sent to my brain that every step or minute seated is crushing that 'pinched nerve'. The neurological symptoms are getting worse & the pain is more relentless than ever, and I'm still holding out some hope (very little) that I can avoid the operating table.

Is the 'pinched nerve' at least partially caused or exacerbated by TMS / emotional causes? Almost certainly... I've just reached a point at which I'm not sure it even matters anymore. The psychological approach isn't moving the needle at all, neither are any of the modalities that used to provide at least some relief - PT, steroid injections, etc. I'm ready to hop on the operating table just because I haven't tried that yet & the risks...well, I'm getting very close to not caring much about those.

Anyway, getting off-topic here...anyone tried this gizmo?

Sofa likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Physical interventions are almost always going to create temporary relief thanks to either the placebo effect, or the relaxation and well-being effect, whether it's hands-on therapy, medications, devices, or surgery. Surgery in cases of TMS is well-known to create temporary relief - if it doesn't create more problems on its own. But if it's TMS, the relief doesn't last.

Sofa and Free of Fear like this.
  3. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member

I second Jan.

If the pain is the result of a bodily process set off by the brain, then a spinal stimulator is missing the point.

For what it is worth, I considered this direction, as well as surgery. I was fortunate in that the surgeons I consulted with thought that neither of those options would help me much.

Sofa likes this.
  4. Sofa

Sofa Well known member

I will add that Gizmo to the list!
    I bought an inversion table on Amazon last year. I wouldn't recommend. It now just sits in the garage. Way too much blood rushing to my head, and it didn't do much for my low back pain. Ymmv

5. eightball776

eightball776 Well known member

inversion table does help me a bit...anything that decompresses that lumbar spine & does the opposite of what sitting does. Unfortunately all of the surgeons I've spoken to do recommend surgery, but then again most of them do, right? I'm grasping at straws these days and don't care if the relief is temporary or the result of a placebo effect...all I see is 'temporary relief', which has to be better than the present situation.

6. Jocko1

Jocko1 Peer Supporter

Did not work for me at all! TMS therapy is what works!