1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Special Webinar with Dr. David Schechter and Arnold Bloch, LCSW

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Since June, we have hosted several special webinars with TMS practitioners and authors. In continuation of this program we will be hosting another special webinar on Wednesday November 14th with TMS Physician David Schechter and TMS Therapist Arnold Bloch. The event will start at 9 PM EST/6 PM PST.

David Schechter is a Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Family Medicine at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles. He is also a Credentialed Pain Practitioner of the American Academy of Pain Management. He has given presentations entitled "OutCome Evaluation of TMS for Back Pain" and "Addressing Barriers to the Acceptance of TMS: The Public and the Medical Profession" at the firstTMS Conference in Ann Arbor Michigan and another one, Clincial Evaluation of Patients with Mind Body Disorders at the Second Annual Mind body Conference in LA.

Dr. Schechter wrote the Mindbody Workbook, which provides people with a 30 day TMS program. He has also contibuted several responses to our Q&A with an Expert program.

Arnold Bloch, LCSW graduated from the University of Southern California and has been in practice for 25 years. One of his many areas of focus is on psychosomatic pain and helping clients address unresolved isses and repressed emotions.

To join the meeting from your computer or mobile device, click or copy and paste this URL into your browser:
    https://www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/48fb7aa8/17778867

To join the audio portion of this meeting, choose your dial in method:
    Dial-in Number: +16465837415

When prompted enter the pin number:
    Attendee Pin Number: 21558901

You can also participate in the text chat portion of the event by going to www.tmswiki.org/chat . This portion of the event will give you the opportunity to discuss points that are brought up during the session as well as ask questions.

If anyone is interested in participating in the event or to learn more about it, simply post below. We are going to need a couple people to help moderate the event to help everything run smoothly. Also, if you are interested in participating in a personalized feedback section send me a quick private conversation, and I will let you know more about it.

I want to also thank Shanshu Vampyr for setting this up. He envisioned this entire event and put the wheels in motion for it.

This teleconference is for educational purposes only. Anything that is said or advice given should not be considered medical advice. Any interaction with Dr. Schechter or Arnold Bloch does not constitute a patient/doctor relationship. For medical advice see your doctor.

Beach-Girl and veronica73 like this.
  2. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

I missed the webinar. It seems I found out about this site a little too late ! Is there a way to hear a recording of it ? PLEASE SAY YES ! ;)

3. Forest

It took me a little bit longer then I would have liked but the audio recording of the webinar with David Schechter and Arnold Bloch is now ready. This was a great event, and I really enjoyed hearing both Dr. Schechter and Arnold Bloch's take on TMS and what it takes to recover. If you have a few minutes give the following a listen. I would also love to hear what people think of this.

4. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

This was fantastic! Thanks :)

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I found the webinar to be helpful, especially when the talk got to specific TMS causes... guilt, anger, perfectionism.
    Good work, Forest. Thanks very much.

6. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

Thank You so MUCH for posting the link ! ;)

7. Forest

I am glad you found the recording helpful. I looks like we are over our bandwith limit with box.com (We have so many great audio programs now!), so you may not be able to download it from the above option. Not to fear, I recently uploaded the recording and you can download it at http://tmswiki.org/dl/SchechterBlochWebinar.mp3 . All you have to do is click the "Save Page As" button and it will download to your computer, allowing you to then upload it to an mp3 player. If you have any questions about this feel free to ask.

veronica73 and Jilly like this.
  8. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

Thank You so Much, Forest * hugs

9. Shanshu Vampyr

Shanshu Vampyr Well known member

Aaaaahhhhhh!!! *cries* My voice sounds so weird!!!

*hides under the bed*

Jilly likes this.
  10. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

I don't understand...are you on the recording Shanshu ?:) If so, you did not sound weird !

11. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

I thought you sounded great!

12. Shanshu Vampyr

Shanshu Vampyr Well known member

Inner bully says, "You spoke too fast and tripped over your words."

On second listen it doesn't sound that bad.

Thanks guys.

Jilly likes this.
  13. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

Seeeeeee.... Inner bully was way off ! You sound great !

Beach-Girl likes this.
  14. Stella

Stella Well known member

This was a great listen.