1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Special Event with TMS author Steve Ozanich: Tues March 25

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Forest, Mar 13, 2014.

1. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

Ellen, I listen over the computer sans camera. I was horrified, I mean..beyond HORRIFIED when I thought I hadn't muted myself and had brought my puter into the bathroom while I was brushing my teeth and probably passing gas…

Thankfully, the red line was solidly through my microphone icon.

yb44, Ellen, G.R. and 1 other person like this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

That's a hilarious story, @North Star. That's one of the nice things about using Fuze - you can mute yourself.

Ellen, you have to specifically turn the camera on for any signal to be broadcast. Also, for the record, the webcam broadcasts are ephemeral and aren't recorded.

3. tigerlilly

tigerlilly Well known member

Hi Ellen - I joined on Fuze last week and was able to join in without using the camera (just don't turn it on). Was nice to see a few other faces that did use the camera.

4. LindaRK

LindaRK Well known member

Looking forward to this, too! Don't have a camera either, but will listen through my speakers. Guess I'll be a lurker ... ha!

5. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

I'm such an IT moron! I could only see Steve wave his arms around and talk, but couldn't hear a thing:-( Hope I can access this chat somewhere as I would love to hear it.

6. Forest

Indeed, there will be a recording available, probably on Thursday.

7. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Yea no camera! Thanks everyone.

8. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

:D:D:D

Sounds like you guys had an 'end of term' party of some sorts. Looking forward to hearing the recorded version.

North Star likes this.
  9. DavinaMarie

DavinaMarie New Member

Steve O is just a mega star as far as I'm concerned, I am looking forward to listening to the recording as I live in France.

North Star likes this.
  10. Forest

Yup. Lots and lots of fun.

North Star likes this.
  11. North Star

And a good time was by all….

THANKS!!!

Forest likes this.
  12. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Made possible by all those cocktails, I presume. Now where can I find some of that Faretti Chocolate Biscotti liqueur in the UK?

North Star likes this.
  13. Forest

LOL... It is TASTY!

Last night I was sipping some Ramazotti, an Italian sweet and bitter liquer. I used to love it until I tried that Faretti Biscotti and now it is distinctly second place. That's okay, I'm going to use it to make a modified version of a Picon Punch, a cocktail that @Tennis Tom turned me on to.

14. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, it was a wonderful call-in. Steve gave us a free session with a TMS practitioner!
    So may asked such good questions and the answers from Steve were helpful to us all.

I don't have a camera for my computer and am not sure I want my aging image in
    every home that has one.

Anne Walker likes this.
  15. North Star

*note to self - Buy some Ramazotti*

16. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Note to self -- buy some Ramazotti and some Faretti Biscotti. SteveO's & Forest's orders: drink more.

North Star and Forest like this.
  17. North Star

Aye, aye, Captain! (Might that be Captain Morgen?)

18. North Star

Tennis Tom and Forest, You must explain the flavor of those liquors. The lady was bewildered when I went into the liquor store and asked for those. I showed her the spelling and said they were Italian.

She pulled some bottle off the shelf and said, "Someone from Italy buys this."

We're real cultured here in Big Sky Country. I guess for tonight, I'll just have to take a swig of Nyquil. Actually, I bought a wee bottle of something. "It takes good in hot chocolate," she said. "Just use half of the bottle in one cup," she advised. I thought of my youngest and the grief he was giving me today. Yeah, half the bottle…right...

19. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Wow, just heard the talk, how inspiring it was! I was scribbling madly trying to take it all in. Steve you hit the nail on the head when you said frustration can prolong suffering – oh so true!
    So good to put voices to names too, and what lovely voices they are!
    Wonderful news about Dr Sopher too! So pleased he’s doing well.
    Miff Bunny I had Sympathetic Dystrophy in my foot for yeeeears… had three MRI’s, etc etc, and it was when I said “eff this” and started jogging that it went. I still get funny colour in my foot when the seasons change, but the pain is gone.
    Forest you are a STAR! We would be lost without you! Thanks again folks. Group HUG!! Colly

North Star likes this.
  20. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

More likely Captain Mogen David, my mom didn't drink but she took a swig of Vick's Formula 44 regularly for her cough...cough...

I'll get you the recipe for a Picon Punch tomorrow, the problem is finding Amer Pecon, it's not being imported from France anymore but there is a US company making it but may be hard to find.