1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Spasms = Zero sleep30

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by vandy1313, Aug 2, 2015.

1. vandy1313

vandy1313 New Member

Hello,

Can anyone explain why I get leg spasms just before I fall asleep?? I can be sitting for hours or lying in bed, but the spasms always happen just as I am falling asleep, keeping me up all night. Seems there has to be an explanation for that, right?? How do I convince my subconscious to make it stop?

Some brief background:

I have been off the Wiki for a while but met with Dr. Schecter for consultation and have been working with a therapist nearby. Since I started seeing a therapist in January 2015, my symptoms have moved from my lower back and mainly into my left thigh. Unfortunately, the pain has increased and I am having much more trouble walking. I now walk with a cane and somedays I am so wobbly and in pain, that I don't leave the house and work from home in fear of falling down. Perhaps the heavy pain is a result of peeling back the onion so to speak as I have uncovered some things about myself through introspection.

Moving forward, my company insisted I redo all my tests since I have been dealing with this for just over 2yrs in some form or another. Fortunately, my blood work, MRIs, x-rays, etc, etc have come back negative. Unfortunately, I feel I am no further than I was before all the money I spent on tests. However, perhaps it strengthens my belief that I have TMS....

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, vandy. You may have something structural causing the leg spasms, even though exams show you don't have any. It may be caused by TMS, repressed emotions and/or a perfectionist or "goodist" personality, knocking yourself out to please everyone and them like you. Believing 100 percent in TMS has cured me and thousands of others.

But, although I am not a doctor or nutritionist, I've read lately that most everyone is deficient in the mineral magnesium, which our bodies need so that 325 or more parts of our body need to function properly. One of the symptoms of low magnesium in the body is leg cramps and spasms. You can read about magnesium deficiency in YouTube videos. Getting more magnesium in our system is easy. Soak your feet in a pan of warm water with a cup of Epsom salt (magnesium sulfate) or apply some magnesium oil to the arms and legs. I use the Swanson brand at amazon.com. Cheap and soon as I spray myself with a little, I feel instant calming all over me.

Most doctors do not know or believe in MindBody healing (TMS) or the role nutrition plays in our wellness. My sister nearly died until an East Indian doctor said her problem might be nutritional and sure enough, after he put her on a gluten-free diet, she was like a new woman again.

So I'd look into nutrition and think TMS.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. vandy1313

vandy1313 New Member

Walt,

As always, thank you for taking the time to reply to my post and offer some advice. I agree that proper nutrition must be a part of the healing process. I will look into the magnesium piece and see if that cam up low in my blood work. Thanks again for the heads up!!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.