1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Sorry for redundancy but...

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by DianeRadvanski, Aug 3, 2016.

1. DianeRadvanski

DianeRadvanski New Member

Hello all. I don't know what's going on lately and to be honest I haven't been doing TMS practice all day and certainly not everday so this could be the problem.

Anyway I have much more wicked pain and longer lasting flare ups..maybe 1 day a week I am lucky to have tolerable pain...and I can't attribute it to the TMS program becausw I just started and haven done much.

When I am at this point, even talking and chewing hurts to the point I eat apple sauce, cereal and jello. I can't even lay my head on the pillow and sleep much.

How do you cope with this degree of pain when reading or using the computer hurts? Is self talk positive and sufficient enough? Journaling too?

I appreciate all feedback. Thanks!

2. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi sweetie,

It's not a redundant question by any means. I think when it comes to self-soothing techniques the more the merrier and it does help to solicit from others.

I never do any kind of tms work when things are bad. I find it annoying and counter-productive.

In the past when I had awful flare-ups my partner would make me a nest of cushions on the settee, rest my head on a hot water bottle and would put on an old movie that I love and know backwards. Something in the cocooning of his care and the familiarity of the film's story always soothed me. Sleep would come and if it needed help then I took Quiet Life which a herbal combination to ease stress and encourage sleep.

Try to discover something of this nature and go to it whenever you need to.

Plum x

birdsetfree, readytoheal and Ines like this.