1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Sorry but more questions,

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by billiewells, Dec 28, 2015.

1. billiewells

billiewells Peer Supporter

Hi,
    First of all I apologise for posting so many threads on here, but I am struggling to get a grip at the moment and no TMS therapy for me during festive break.

This TMS journey is new to me and I am embracing it as much as I can. However because so many people talk about Chronic pain, it is difficult for me to identify with this. I do not have pain. I have weakness. Having walked with a very odd gait for some time now, I have drop foot, whI lug this leg around.

As you may have noticed I have posted a couple of things lately re festive times and dentist and collapse pre Christmas. Essentially I am sure that fear/confidence underlies my problem, I have lost all confidence that my body can walk properly, although when I am less stressed it seems much better.

The physio I had was quite sure that all would work, but that somehow my subsonscious would not let me.

Basically it would be good to be directed to stories that do not centre on the pain element, butfocus on a story more similar to mine.

Applying myself to 100% psychological thinking, would be easier if I can eliminate this pain element because apart from tightness of hamstrings and calf muscles and a bit of a frozen shoulder (although that is improving), I am plagued by weakness, poor gait and hence balance issues.

Thank you to anyone who has read through this lengthy post and is able to respond

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, billiewells. Don't think twice about how often you post. We all welcome your thoughts and feelings. I had severe back pain and it was real, until I discovered TMS and began to believe 100 percent that emotions caused my pain. Any symptom, regardless of pain, can come from our emotions,
    and they may take a while to discover. We all like to find that "misery loves company," to connect with others who have symptoms similar to ours,
    but it's better to just lump all t he symptoms into one big bag and call it TMS. The bag may seem heavy now, but as you work on your emotions causing your walking problem, the bag will get lighter.

Keep your hopes up. Better days are coming!

silentflutes and yb44 like this.
  3. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree wholeheartedly with what Walt wrote. If you are unable to find a buddy who has recovered from your very specific symptoms, you end up feeling like the odd one out, the exception to the rule who will never heal . I also like what another forum member, JanA, wrote awhile back. Try not to name the TMS symptom, e.g. Pelvic pain, swelling fingers, drop foot or whatever and just refer to everything by the generic term 'symptom'.

4. silentflutes

silentflutes Peer Supporter

acceptance of repressed emotions. kindness towards yourself. and a bit patience. when you walk down the tunnel, its dark fearful and it is same for all. relax, get inside yourself, accept your emotions. just directing you. we all have our own journey, get help from others but it is going to be uniquely yours! every advices are guidepost for realizing yourself.

5. stayfit65

stayfit65 Peer Supporter

It sounds to me more like anxiety. I had the weakness you describe in my legs and arms back in 2003-04. That was way before I knew anything about TMS. I was treated with meds and it went away. Now I'be been off meds for 6 years but have pain instead of anxiety. So IMO it's just a substitution.
    Best wishes,
    Stayfit