1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 19 Something that makes me proud

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Lidsmichelle, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Lidsmichelle

Lidsmichelle New Member

Since I have started this program, I took and passed my drive test and now have my drivers license. I’m 26, so this is a pretty big deal. Now I drive myself to and from work, can go drive to see my girlfriend when I want to. Go to see my friends. Just go to the grocery store. My life is no longer constrained by having to figure out my “ride situation.” I’m very proud of myself for accomplishing this, I was scared for years that I would be incapable of driving properly or remembering the things I need to remember to be a responsible driver. My anxiety made me think I not only would be incapable of driving safely, but that I would hate it. Getting my license two and a half weeks ago was the proudest moment of my life, since graduating high school when I was struggling with suicidal ideation and severe depression and anxiety.

Tennis Tom likes this.