1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

something strange has happened

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by IndiMarshall, Jul 20, 2015.

1. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

I was listening to GDP podcast and something strange has happened
    In this audio .. @25:30 A user said.. 'I have been having ringing in the ear'..
    boom I started having ringing in the ear the next moment....
    can someone tell me what does this mean ?

Click here to download the mp3 audio

I did hear in a youtube video where a neurologist explains..you will get back pain by seeing some who is lifting heavy weights in awkward position..

Mind is very mysterious...

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Sounds like the power of suggestion.

3. James59

James59 Well known member

Probably for the same reason why we yawn when somebody else yawns, or even mentions it.

....4...3...2...1 YAAAAAAAAAAAAWN!

4. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

It means you shifted your awareness there because your brain needed a diversion at that time. It ran with the latest suggestion.

If a tree falls in a forest (or on our commandant Forest) does it make a sound? No, the only person it would make a sound to is Forest, but even then they say you never hear the one that hits you. But then again Mark Twain also said that all lies begin with the words, "they said..."

5. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes SteveO truer words were never spoken or suggested. Mark Twain also said, "Be careful what you read in a medical book--you may die of a misprint."