1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 23 something just happened

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Pietro Carloni, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Pietro Carloni

Pietro Carloni Peer Supporter

Goodmorning everyone!! I can not believe it, but something seems to start working. yesterday was a great day, for the first time in many months, I managed to walk for two hours without having any kind of sciatica pain. However, it's been a couple of weeks since the pain in my leg had been replaced by a back pain I had never had, and I was convinced it had happened because I had started running after 4 years. At first I was desperate because my back was really bad, but then I started reading HBP for the second time and something, in the reading method it changed. I really started to understand what the book was telling me, and I was amazed that it was telling me exactly. so after a few days of pain, I told myself "if running hurts you, however it does not stop you from walking" and 4 times a week I walked for a minimum of 30min. for a week I had pains everywhere. Legs, arms back, stomach acidity, but head, but I was happy because I knew what was happening and I continued, despite everything. Yesterday was my first day without pain after a long time and I wanted to share this emotion with all of you. Of course I know that my path is still long, but now I know that the road is the right one because after experiencing almost all the possible therapies, the only therapy that worked is just that, and started to work only when I told myself that pain is not my main problem to be solved. Let's take care of ourselves Hugs to all

laugiss likes this.
  2. Anders

Anders New Member

That's great news. It's so important to see progress, it makes you believe even more that things are going in the right direction. Keep it up.

Pietro Carloni likes this.